Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2004, 05:23 PM
    White siding turning green, what is it?
    I've noticed that the side of my white house is getting green. Is this mold? How do I fix this? We've alonly lived her 4 years and this is the first year that we noticed it. I also have a white picket fence around my backyard. Part of the fence has started to turn green too.

Any help would be appreciated... OR... please direct me to where I could get some information to stop and prevent this in the future.

Thanks... cb
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 24, 2004, 02:27 PM
    Yes, it is mould. You should first clean it (high pressure water cleaner), and then treat the walls etc with products made for that purpose, available at any drugstore.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2004, 07:50 PM
    If it is green likely it is algae. Use a little chlorine bleach and some soap and scrub it off. Is it on the North Side? You might look at trees and shrubbery in the area and try to let in more sunshine and air. On the other hand, maybe it is better to scrub the siding and fence once in a while and keep landscaping you enjoy.

If the siding or fence are painted, make sure any new paint has a good fungicide in it.
    fizzlebent Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
    If it is Vinyl Siding, most manufacture do not recommend using Bleach to clean vinyl Siding. I would suggest asking your local home improvement store what they recommend, or you siding manufacture as to what they would use to clean off Mold/Mildew! Strongly don't suggest Bleach!
    Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cedar siding painting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know that the cedar siding should be primed and painted before installation on both sides or primed and painted after installation just on exterior side ( only one side that is exposed to weather). Thanks

Siding [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen on the TV ads for siding being a certain amoutn per square feet. Without having to call the company I would like to figure out how that would be for my house. Can anyone tell me how they figure square footage. Would it be as simple as the length of the house by the height on each side?...

Cedar Siding installation [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing 18" Cedar siding boards. My problem is installing them around a bay extension where the angles are 22 degrees. No matter how precise I cut those joints, they look awful. I waste more material than needed and I cannot make the joints look neat. I have had to resort to using...

Vertical siding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm interested in re-siding my house with vertical siding, but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that makes it in lenghths of about 25ft so that I can do the whole of the house in one run? Otherwise I'll have to do it in sections 12 ft high and run a j channel across, but I'd...

Siding [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to take aluminum siding off a house? I need to take a little section off to look underneath there and I am having a hard time. It is nothing like vinyl siding.

View more questions Search