Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chan025 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Carrier Gas Furnace, No Heat
    I have a Carrier gas furnace weather maker, model 9200. When I turn the thermostat to heat, the induce drap blower is not coming on, but instead the ac and the main blower is on. When I check the power that is coming out of the PC board for the induce drap blower, I get 2 Volt.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Sounds like the thermostat is wired incorrectly. Have you replaced the thermostat lately?
    chan025 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 05:07 AM
    No it the same thermostat. I check the thermostat wire it weird correct,but when I check thermostat power on PC board it read 24v on w and 24v on why the same time.
    When thermostat set for heat.

Nov 9, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Something is wired wrong or the board could be defective from what you are telling me. If this just started doing this and there was no other problem before I would be inclined to replace the circuit board since you say all the other wiring is OK. You might check the wiring diagram on the back of the blower door and make sure all the wiring for the circuit board and thermostat wiring in the furnace is exactly where it is supposed to be before you spend the $$$ for a new circuit board.

Before replacing the board do the test below.

One thing else you might try is to label then disconnect all the wires on the thermostat. Then jump the R and W wires together and see if the furnace comes on. If the furnace runs OK It could be possible that the thermostat is defective and causing this problem.

Nov 11, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Isn't it suppose to be reading 24 volts because the heat is running?

NO it will not read 24 volts since the circuit is already complete.

You posted to a different location than your original post. Confusing to all of us. Post on the same thread as the original from now on. Glad you got it going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace blower runs on/heat won't come on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas furnace model 58DP100 . The fan runs continuously and the gas burners will not ignite ( the pilot is lit ) HELP... please .

Carrier 9200 Weathermaker gas furnace -- no heat [ 4 Answers ]

The furnace is about 5-6 years old, and advertised as "ultra-efficient". Gas furnace is inside, Carrier Tech 2000SS A/C is outside. Heat won't come on, despite my reset efforts: -turn thermostat to lowest setting -turn off all electrical power to furnace -remove access panel from furnace...

CARRIER 58RAV Furnace Blows Cold Air-No Heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Model # 58RAV50-13112 Gas Furnace (fueled by propane) that isn’t working properly. It’s a holiday weekend and I’m without heat, so any help would be greatly appreciated. The furnace was operating properly throughout last winter. However, now it‘s not working. The fan runs but...

Carrier gas furnace w/ no heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have just replaced my thermostat and now furnace blows cool air (fan on constantly), even with thermostat control in off setting. Followed all install directions w/ new thermostat To the letter. Is this a limit switch malfunction or what?

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search