Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rmariesawyer03 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Wondering if pregnant, strong PMS symptoms, but no period
    I'm very concerned and just wanted some expert advice before taking a pregnancy test. My period was due this past Sat Oct. 25th or Sun Oct. 26th. IT is now Thursday the 30th. Prior to Sat I had experienced all my normal PMS symptoms for nearly a week. Extremely soar breasts, minor cramping, increased appetite and a little wooziness with fatigue so I was almost sure my period would come. ON Sat. when I should have had bleeding, I felt the symptoms even more severe so I assumed at anytime during the day I would start menstruating but it never happened. By late Sunday I felt like I had started bleeding and proceeded to put in a Tampon. ON MOnday when I took the Tampon out, it was only a little brown. I put another one on Monday night and when I retrieved it Tuesday, this one was even more dark, very dark slightly red on just the tip but I didn't soak it.

Since MOnday I still have had spotting and severe sharp cramps in my lower abdomen just like I do during my period but still no blood, even as I type this. When I wake up in the morning such as today (Thursday) my vagina feels soar and damp and I keep thinking I am menstruating but still nothing. I am wondering If I am pregnant. Why would I have spotting but no bleeding? Why am I having these extreme pains in my lower abdomen? My whole body feels like I am menstruating but with no blood. Is it a pregnancy or something else? Is my period just really late? I haven't been under anymore unusual stress than normal so I am extremely confused as to what is happening with my body and why my period won't come. HELP!
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Oct 30, 2008, 01:29 PM

I'm guessing that your periods are fairly regular, right? With that in mind, I'd get a hpt. If it comes back negative, give it a few days and retest.
    It could be that your period is just late. It could be that you are pregnant. Those abdominal pains, if pregnant, are normal. It's called small ligament pain, from the small ligaments in your abdomen stretching, even as early as 1 week pregnant. However, with the chance that you could be pregnant, a doctors visit is in order, to make sure it is small ligament pain, and not possibly a tubal pregnancy. That's what I thought I was experiencing early on in my pregnancy. Luckily it wasn't.
    Good luck.

Nov 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Am I, or Am I not Pregnant?
    Very concerned that I may be pregnant.

I have had normal on times my whole life. My period was due on Oct. 27th, and I had my regular PMS symptoms (heavy appetite, soar breast, cramps, wooziness) the week prior, so I was shocked that my bleeding hadn't started fully because it felt as though it would begin at any given second.
    I was also shocked because I did SPOT on the 27th, and the days after as well. But I never started bleeding fully. This past Sunday Nov. 2nd, the spotting started AGAIN, and it had a heavy menstrual odor. It smelled like my normal bleeding from my period and very strong so I thought it was finally coming but to no avail. Throughout these 2 long weeks I have still had the on going cramps in lower abdomen and pretty noticeably painful. I am cramping now as I write this. Is this a pregnancy or just a late/missed period, or infection?

Any answers would great

I haven't taken a pregnancy test because I'm a little nervous, and I keep hoping the bleeding will start...
    sam7686 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:54 AM

I am almost in the same boat as you! Minus the spotting. I have not had spotting at all but in a way feel like I am going to get my period. Its now a little over a week late. I have this weird bloating going on down in my lower abdomine. My ovaries feel sore and after I go to the bathroom it is very sore down there. Wierdest thing ever, I do not want to be pregnant and now today my nipples burn a bit... I think I am going to take a pregnancy test. This sucks!

Nov 7, 2008, 09:22 AM

When I got pregnant with my son, I had the same symptoms you are saying you have right now. I let it go for about 3 weeks before I finally went in. I thought I was having a tubal at that point. Come to find out, everything was normal, and YES, I was pregnant. The pain I was feeling, they call "small ligament pain", coming from the ligaments surrounding your uterus being stretched even the slightest little bit. For many women this is normal.
    If it feels like it's on one side more than the other, I would worry. I'm not trying to scare you, but tubals can be quite painful from what I hear, and can be fatal. Get a pregnancy test, use it, then get to the doctor regardless of results. If it's positive, then you need to see the doc for starting of prenatals, if it's negative then the doc needs to figure out what is going on.
    Good luck.

Nov 7, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Rmariesawyer03-have you taking a pregnancy test? I took one yesterday and last night felt pain in my legs (I get those a lot when I have my period) and thought I was probably going to get it but I haven't yet. My pregnancy test was negative probably going to take another in a couple days. I have a Physical scheduled next week anyway so I will probably just wait to go in than. Has anything changed for you? Are you on Birth Control?

Nov 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
    When I got pregnant with my son, I had the same symptoms you are saying you have right now. I let it go for about 3 weeks before I finally went in. I thought I was having a tubal at that point. Come to find out, everything was normal, and YES, I was pregnant. The pain I was feeling, they call "small ligament pain", coming from the ligaments surrounding your uterus being stretched even the slightest little bit. For many women this is normal.
    If it feels like it's on one side more than the other, I would worry. I'm not trying to scare you, but tubals can be quite painful from what I hear, and can be fatal. Get a pregnancy test, use it, then get to the doctor regardless of results. If it's positive, then you need to see the doc for starting of prenatals, if it's negative then the doc needs to figure out what is going on.
    Good luck.

Homebirth mom? Question for you...
    When you say you had the same symptoms as me when you had your son, did you have all of my symptoms? Even the spotting with menstrual odor? The reason I ask is because I have been pregnant twice before, and the other two times, I didn't have what I am experiencing now. When I missed my period during those previous 2 occurrences, I cramped a little but that was it. I didn't have the spotting or the PMS, or the severe ongoing cramps. Right now is so weird because during the time my period was supposed to come 2 weeks ago, the cramps were the worse. It felt like it was starting but it never did. And now I have this prolonged cramping. Did your experience with your son mirror what is happening to me right now? Thanks

Nov 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sam7686 View Post
    Rmariesawyer03-have you takin a preg test? I took one yesterday and last night felt pain in my legs (I get those alot when I have my period) and thought I was probably going to get it but i haven't yet. My preg test was negative probably going to take another in a couple days. I have a Physical scheduled next week anyways so I will probably just wait to go in than. Has anything changed for you? Are you on Birth Control?

Hey Sam, you're a lot braver than I am. I'm not ready to have a child at this time so I'm extremely nervous to take the test and face the results if it's positive, so to answer your question, no, I have not taken a pregnancy test yet. I am still having the same symptoms that I posted, it seems to be pretty much what you've been having too, such as that weird bloating/cramping feeling in lower abdomen but still no actual bleeding. I have had 2 other pregnancies and the missed period was the only symptom I had, nothing like right now, so I'm wondering why this time is different, and hoping maybe my period is late or it's something other than pregnancy...
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 03:38 PM

Rmariesawyer03...
    All my pregnancies have had the same symptoms. Never bleeding only cramping, just as you said from your prior pregnancies. Of all the people I know, I have never met anyone that has had implantation bleeding, but of course that doesn't mean people don't have it. It sounds like you are having an off period.

Nov 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmariesawyer03 View Post
    Homebirth mom? Question for you....
    When you say you had the exact same symptoms as me when you had your son, did you have all of my symptoms? Even the spotting with menstrual odor? The reason I ask is because I have been pregnant twice before, and the other two times, I didn't have what I am experiencing now. When I missed my period during those previous 2 occurrences, I cramped a little but that was it. I didn't have the spotting or the PMS, or the severe ongoing cramps. Right now is so weird because during the time my period was supposed to come 2 weeks ago, the cramps were the worse. It felt like it was starting but it never did. And now I have this prolonged cramping. Did your experience with your son mirror what is happening to me right now? Thanks
    I did have a little spotting, which is what kept me from taking a pregnancy test, because my periods were so irregular, that I just figured that "this is what's it's gonna be like for this month." I don't recall the odor, but I'm not saying it wasn't there.
    As for the cramping being worst when I was supposed to have had my period, there was a time for about 4-5 days that the cramping was a bit worse, and then it slacked off a little only to get worse again a few days later, this being why I finally went into the ER (had no insurance at the time). They did a pelvic on me to make sure it wasn't something "weird" going on. They also did a pregnancy test through urine and blood. The urine came back positive, and the blood came back telling them I was 5 weeks pregnant (3 weeks gestation). The dr then ordered the ultra sound, which couldn't see anything, so they had to do the internal one, and it came back showing a little tiny eggsack about the size of a pencil tip. The tech said she could barely see it, and wouldn't have probably had she not been looking for that specifically.
    So, a lot of my symptoms were the same. Most of them by the sounds of it.
    Just remember, if you are pregnant, and you are really not ready for it. There are so many families out there trying and being unsuccessful at concieving. I don't know how this would make you feel, but there really is nothing wrong with giving your child the best possible options, that is if you can't take care of it.
    If you are pregnant, I think things will turn out just fine. They normally do.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 09:08 AM

Rmariesawyer03...
    Just wondering if you had a test yet. I did say it sounds like an off-period, but it very well could be that you are pregnant because you are so late. Keep us informed. :)

Nov 8, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Rmariesawyer03-I took the test to ease my mind, its better to find out and cope with your results than to sit there all stressed out and mad at the world! Believe me I do not want a child right now either, I definitely thought maybe there was something else wrong with me, because of my ovaries being very sore and than my whole bladder issue... My bladder hurts and sometimes feels like I could be coming down with a UTI. I will probably take another test before I go to the doc next week. Just to ease my mind. I know they say that they are only so accurate and a lot of woman don't get the right result from them, but I know with my first pregnancy I took 2 right away and they showed positive.

I'm just upset because this month I didn't take my birth control because I didn't pick it up on time and now this is happening... I am usually always regular with my periods when I am on birth control and now I have nothing, that's what makes me think something, but also I have been on birth control for 3 years and if I didn't take it for a month and only had intercourse like 2-3 times why would I get pregnant. It takes some woman like a year to get pregnant. I don't know, I feel your pain though!!
    SweetGirl90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Im having the same thing minus the spotting. I'm not sure what it is and I'm a little scared to ask anyone or take a test... I'm 19 and my mother doesn't know I'm sexually active without a condom...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird PeriodSymptomsPregnant Virgin? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is sort of graphic, but I need to describe my situation to the full extent so I can get the answer I need.. I've never had sex before, but I did "hook up" with someone about a week ago. We did not have sex, but he did finger me after a blow job (I think it was one-he came). Two days...

A week late, I have pregnancy symptoms, and I'm on my period.CAN I BE PREGNANT? [ 6 Answers ]

I Live With My Boyfriend We Are Trying To Have A Baby I Am Never Really Late I Was Supposed To Get My Period On The 17 I Got It On The 24th I Have Been Having Really Sore Nipples, I Am More Tired Than Ususal And I Am Very Moody. Can I Be Pregnant?

No period or symptoms can I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

got 1 period on agust 1st for 6 or 7 days. Had intercorse agust 14 my monthly cycle is from 31 to 36 days not sure. Than my other and until now my last period was September 6 with 2 days medium bleeding and 2 lite spotting. Ever since I haven seen my period again I have no symptoms that I know of...

I've had some pregnancy symptoms, but I'm still getting period cramps, pregnant or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 17, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about a month ago. (stupid I know) I was on my period. About a week afterwards, I noticed some light blood when I went to the bathroom. But I knew it wasn't my period, cause I had just gotten off it. Ive also been experiencing some frequent back pains,...

View more questions Search