Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fanofwoz5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 05:21 AM
    How do I start my furnace manually if my themastat will not turn it on?
    I have a Goodman furnace that was installed in 2006 and was working fine until I changed out the thermastat to a programmable one, which is a Hunter model 44155C. I matched all the colors with the correct letters except the blue with I am not sure where that goes. The old thermastat was wired and had no battery and worked just fine. I can not even get the blower to turn on. Where did I go wrong? Did I blow a fuse in the furnace. I checked the breaker and it is fine and not tripped and the batteries on the thermastat are bran new lithium batteries. The themastat is only a year old too. What else can I check in the furnace that I can fix myself? I can not afford a furnace repair person to come out and fix it. We have not had heat for five days and it is getting cold. Please help! Thank you

Bill
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 7, 2008, 06:41 AM

What's the old tstat and can you wire it back up so it will work? First order of business is getting the heat back on, next is getting your new tstat mapped to the old wires. One thing at a time.

It is possible you blew a fuse or fried a transformer. Let us know what wires you have and what colors they are, and what they go to if you know.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 09:17 PM

You should be able to jumper the red and white wires together if wired rule of thumb,that will get you some heat ,if not something is wrong with furnace,, then get you a good tstat,that hunter is junk,, when you jumper the stat wires and it does work, it won`t cut off till you seporate the jumpered wires

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a furnace thermostat to manually operate the furnace fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have two wires connected to my furnace thermostat. There is a place labeled G on the thermostat. Can I simply run a wire from the G terminal on my thermostat to the terminal labeled G on my furnace fan relay to operate the fan separately?

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Kid broke ceiling fan remote, now fan will not turn on manually [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan. Always used the remote to turn fan on and off but my son disconnected the wires inside the remote and now I can not turn the fan on with the pull chain. The remote also controlled the lighting as well. Help! Thanks

Shindaiwa weedeater head will not turn manually or with accelerator [ 2 Answers ]

Machine was working fine -stored it for a few weeks; started it right up but the head won't turn.

Furnace blower must be switched on manually [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Williamson "Temp-o-matic" forced air oil furnace. I just recently purchased the house and when I went to change the thermostat it only had two wires wired to it (just a 2 conductor wire with no other wiring). When I connect those two wires together, the furnace comes on and...

View more questions Search