Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hippopotamus Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Evil stepmom gift ideas?
    I'll keep it simple : I hate my stepmom. My stepmom hates me. I am expected o get her a christmas gift (against my will). What do you give someone that you hate?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:15 PM

Get her a large Christmas candle... lolol... maybe she'll burn down her house... LOLOL.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:17 PM

OOps, I just realized you probably live with here as well as your father and other siblings.

I'll think about this again.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:21 PM

Slippers?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 08:12 AM

Get her a gift card.
    mosag330 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 10:30 AM

As much as I understand you would love to give her a gag gift or something else equally or more horrible, I wouldn't suggest using a present as a "revenge".

Candles are good, sans the intention of burning down the house. Gift cards are nice too if you know where she shops.

I would probably get her a scarf and gloves that matches her coat if she doesn't already have them. See? You've completed her outfit, and you're keeping her warm. How thoughtful of you, and you didn't even have to think about it.

Although, if you want more suggestions, what is your budget range for the gift you are "expected" to give her?

... and my mind wanders off to think, obligatory gifts are oxymoronic and pathetic, aren't they? THE reason why I dislike Christmas.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 03:08 PM

Get her a cheese log... a tin of hard candy. Not many people would like that kind of impersonal cheap gift.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Hippopotamus disagrees: but...i dont want to spend much $$ on her

Well, you can get gift cards in all donominations. You asked for ideas and that is what I gave you.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
    You could give her a fruitcake. No one likes fruitcakes, but if she's really hungry she'll have something to eat :)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 12:50 AM

If she's such a witch, she might like a broom.

If I don't like someone, I enjoy giving them soap. It always makes me feel better. Get her a soap basket.

Another option is a photo album with pictures of the family. Just make sure she's not in them. Also, if you can, make sure your mom is.

You could also give her a large, framed picture of yourself.

Or your halloween candy. An ant farm. Hair dye. Granny panties. Clothing that's much too small. Clothing that's much too big. Used shoes. Something she already owns. Men's socks. Diet pills. A cookbook. A vacuum. A mop. A toaster. Acne treatments. A roll of stamps. A piggy bank. Tampons. Dog food. A baby mouse. Stiletto heels. A can of flavored popcorn. A pumice stone. A book on divorce. A date with another man.

If we're being serious, I liked the scarf and gloves idea.

I have a step mother as of this year. I hadn't even thought of getting her a gift! Now I'll need my own thread. :(

(hippopotamus, please don't use the positive/negative ratings unless you're dealing with something that is factually incorrect or is truly bad advice. I don't think posts said in humor or with good intentions in this thread really should not be rated negatively like that; please refer to the site's rules if you have any questions.)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 05:25 AM

I really have to thank you for this thread. I've been giggling and brainstorming about it all day. I'm sure this will last me through christmas. I have another gift idea. Get her a snake. Maybe it will bite her. A tarantula could also work wonders. And I always thought I was nice... :(

What about giving her a framed picture of the two of you?

In all seriousness, maybe you could actually use this opportunity to repair some of your relationship, and get her something really nice. If she was expecting something useless from you, you might surprise her pleasantly enough that she'll start looking at you differently.

It might do a lot for your time together.

Whether you like it or not, it looks like she's there to stay. Be nice to her. She won't have any excuse to treat you poorly.

Be good! :)

Promise to let us know what you decide to do and how it goes!
    kate_smith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 11:37 PM
    Why don't you give love on christmas day lol. Yeah, maybe christmas card will do or you can check out the most popular <a href="http://www.itsthoughtful.com/gift-ideas/christmas">christmas gift ideas</a> today as voted by the user community on itsThoughtful.com. Its cool to see what other users find interesting.
    kate_smith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 11:38 PM

Why don't you give love on christmas day lol. Yeah, maybe christmas card will do or you can check out the most popular christmas gift ideas today as voted by the user community on itsThoughtful.com. Its cool to see what other users find interesting.
    dixie22 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2010, 10:50 AM

Get her something she wouldn't like or something you would posable use I have a step mom to she's evil also but I was never forced to get her anything I love my mom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie22 View Post
    get her something she wouldnt like or something you would posable use i have a step mom to shes evil also but i was never forced to get her anything i love my mom

How old are you? I have read some of your other "advice" and am beginning to question both your advice and your age.

Loving your mom has nothing to do with your relationship with your stepmother - they are not mutually exclusive relationships. Caring about a stepmother is not an insult to your mother.

And, yes, I'm a stepmother and trust me - it's not easy being a stepmother when "his" children see you as the enemy. I've been very lucky but I've seen it happen. Does making your father miserable because you are insulting to his wife make you feel better?
    cdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 02:59 PM
    Get her something beautiful that you know that she will love. Raise the vibrations and pass on love to people that are evil. It will help heal you.
    cdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 03:01 PM

Get her something beautiful that you know she will love. Then send her loving energy. It will heal you both.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 02:03 PM

I could suggest a bunch of snarky rude gifts (it is fun after all) like one-way bus tickets, but maybe, just maybe it would be nice to actually think of something she would enjoy. A CD of a performer she likes, something related to a hobby she enjoys, a book she would like (which has no hidden nasty undertones in the title or subject matter).

I think the bigger question than what to get her for a gift is what to do about the fact that you don't get along. Some people on here might have some good insight for you on that if you want to think about it...
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2010, 02:25 PM

I think you should give her a broom so she can have some sort of transportation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beachloverjohn View Post
    I think you should give her a broom so she can have some sort of transportation.

Love your advice usually BUT (isn't there always a "but") you are taking the word of a child here. Note that this child posted the question well over a year ago. I'm sure he/she has worked out a gift in the meantime.

(Can you tell I'm a stepmother? Yes, we're all evil because with us in the picture mom and dad will NEVER reconcile. I've been very, very lucky but children are tough to raise. Stepchildren raise the bar.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Manipulative evil stepmom [ 3 Answers ]

So my step mom might not be abusing me or anything but she is a major . Before you laugh and mutter "silly girl, You don’t know how good you've got it" listen to my story please. My dad was happily married to my stepmom, lets call her Jane. My real parents are divorced so I only see my dad two...

Any gift ideas? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my boyfriends 19th birthday is coming up. I live in Newfoundland Canada and 19 is the legal drinking age here so it's kind of a big birthday. I have absolutely no idea what to get him for his birthday. It seems like he has everything he wants. If anyone has any gift ideas...

Gift ideas [ 5 Answers ]

I need ideas on what to get my because for christmas he is 24 and car mad and fishing mad I need ideas if you have any?

Christmas Gift Ideas for boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've been dating my boyfriend for about a year(It'll be a year on Dec.18th) n I was wondering what I could get him for a christmas present. Ne Ideas? Btw I'm 15 n so is he.

Gift Ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good gift for a goth girl? :confused: P.S Im meeting her tonight I need a surprise gift for her then I can talk to her 2 know more about her

View more questions Search