Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    getronheadley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Carrier weathermaker 9200 blinking not blowing heat, and showing LED lights
    I have an 9 year old carrier weathermaker 9200 gas furnace. I'm getting no heat from the downstairs unit. The upstairs unit is working fine. I took the cover off, and I can see the black electric motor(?) spinning, yet nothing is blowing out through the vents. When I look at the bottom right front of the area below the electric motor / blower-type assembly, I see 3 LED's blinking. 3 fairly rapid flashes; followed by 1 long steady flash. It continues to do this over and over.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:21 AM

Look on the inside of the furnace door/cover should be some information that will tell you what the codes are, and give you a start as to where to start looking for prob.

Nov 1, 2008, 09:28 AM

Thanks. I did so. The 31 LED code says " pressure; draft safeguard; auxiliary-limit (when used); or blocked vent shutoff (when used) switch did not close or reopened. I have no idea what that means
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 09:33 AM

Its time to make that dreaded phone call.Call the man,the hvac service tech that does knows what he`s doing.It will be worth it all in the long run.

Nov 1, 2008, 09:37 AM

Oh well. Had to try. Thanks for the help anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier 9200 Weathermaker gas furnace -- no heat [ 4 Answers ]

The furnace is about 5-6 years old, and advertised as "ultra-efficient". Gas furnace is inside, Carrier Tech 2000SS A/C is outside. Heat won't come on, despite my reset efforts: -turn thermostat to lowest setting -turn off all electrical power to furnace -remove access panel from furnace...

Carrier weathermaker no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker gas furance model 58vua060-gg have a code 33 says on back of door low heat the main blower runs nothing else need help

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

Weathermaker 8000 Thermostat - blinking time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 furnace. It has given me a few problems over the years but for the most part has run really well. I have it cleaned, and in emergencies when it is not working I clean the sensor thing. The problem I have now (it just started last week) is my thermostat has...

Carrier Unit Blowing Heat [ 7 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Carrier heat pump. Yesterday, it stopped blowing cold air and began blowing heat. With the thermostat set to cool. I had a non-carrier technician check it today, he said it was not freon that the pressure there looked fine. He mentioned that it cold be the heat strips or a...

View more questions Search