Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhansmann Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Son flushed a ball down the toilet
    My son flushed a 2" diamiter ball down the toilet. I have not flushed the toilet again after the initial flush. If this goes through the toilet and into the plumbing, at that size, will it get stuck somewhere else and cause a bigger issue? I ask because I really want to flush the toilet to see if it made it through before taking the whole thing apart. Make sense?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2008, 06:14 AM
    I do hope this was a spongy rubber ball. Before I did anything I would purchase a closet auger, (see image) and auger the bowl. If the ball is caught up in the trap the auger will auger in and pull it back. At two inches the ball might be caught just up in the bend of the bowl. Have you tried to get it out by hand? If the ball gets out into the nain there's a good chance it will pass on through. Try your hand first and then the auger. Good luck, Tom

Oct 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I do hope this was a spongy rubber ball. Before I did anything I would purchase a closet auger, (see image) and auger the bowl. If the ball is caught up in the trap the auger will auger in and pull it back. At two inches the ball might be caught just up in the bend of the bowl. Have you tried to get it out by hand? If the ball gets out into the nain there's a good chance it will pass on through. Try your hand first and then the auger. Good luck, Tom
    Thanks Tom... I did try to reach in, no luck... did flush and it is stuck in there... guess that could be seen as a good thing. I will try the closet Auger, if it doesn't work looks like I will be pulling the toilet up...

Thanks for the help!

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2008, 08:33 AM
    if it doesn't work looks like I will be pulling the toilet up...
    If you decide to pull the bowl and go in from the bottom I can walk you through it if you wish. Good luck with the auger. Tom

Oct 30, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    If you decide to pull the bowl and go in from the bottom I can walk you through it if you wish. Good luck with the auger. Tom
    I've done that one before, retrieving a matchbox car... should probably pick up a new wax ring when I go by the store to get the auger...

Thanks

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet empties when different toilet flushed [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a confusing problem.I just installed a new toilet in place of an existing one. The promblem is when I flush the new toto toilet, my other toilet bowl almost completely empties.. The 2 toilets are basically back to back, and use the same vent pipe through the roof.(3 inch copper).No pipes...

Tub Gurgling When Toilet Flushed [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into a new house at the end of 2007. We have been having problems in one of the upstairs bathrooms. When the toilet is flushed, it creates a gurgling noise in the drain of the tub. This is a jack and jill bathroom with the sinks in separate rooms. This was consistent each time the toilet...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search