Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mythicstarnmoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Why is the fan on my central air outside unit not turning and making a clicking sound
    I have central heating/air and the fan on the out side unit has stopped turning and is making a clicking noise. The heat on the inside of the house is still working, so it is a two part question. What is causing it to not turn and make the clicking sound? And What damage will it cause if I can not get SOMEONE to stop going behind me and turning on the heat?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
    What damage will it cause if I can not get SOMEONE to stop going behind me and turning on the heat?

Sounds like a control problem to me.

It would be nice to know exactly what part is clicking.
    christiepoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 03:53 AM
    Our central air and heat unit is brand new and the fan stopped turning outside and the unit was making a humming noise.. What could be wrong and is it easy to fix?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

Thermostat and outside unit making clicking sound? [ 4 Answers ]

The clicking sound on the outside unit is coming from inside somewhere. Would a bad contactor cause this or is there something more going on? I had just replaced the transformer. After replacing that is when the clicking started, until it suddenly stopped and now appears the new transformer...

Central unit keeps turning off [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a two story house I have two units couple of days ago I had my units serviced the tech guy cleaned the coils and added more freon to the upstair unit also he changed my thermostat for the upstair unit .since then upstairs is very hot the ac does not stay on it turns on for a couple of...

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

View more questions Search