Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theoone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Blower motor shaking
    I replaced my blower motor with the same size as the one before and I can not get the new unit from shaking. Any ideas
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
    The fan is probably out of balance or the mounting bracket is defective.
    theoone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 08:21 PM

How do I balance the fan?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 09:17 PM
    You do not balance the fan.
    It is best just to replace it.

Whenever a motor job is done the fan has a good chance of being damaged.

Now if you clean the dirt out of the air scoops it may spin better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a new blower motor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I have a York HVAC system. Yesterday, the blower started turning off after a few seconds to a minute of running, then turning back on and off repeatedly every few seconds to a minute I took apart the blower unit and cleaned it and put it back in (what a pain in the... ), making sure all...

Blower motor won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bryant furnace and air conditioning unit (about 20 years old) and the blower needs to be shut off manually (does not work in the Auto setting) all of a sudden. Replaced the thermostat (Total Line thermostat), still having the same problem. The air unit outside will continue to run but the...

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman airhandler which is about eleven years old. I had a new Nordyne heatpump installed about a year and a half ago. It worked fine until a month ago, now the blower will only go off when the breaker is turned off. The thermostat has no effect on it, however the a/c cycles fine. Could...

Blower motor going off [ 6 Answers ]

I just replaced the blower motor because the a/c guy said it was bad and was going to charge me $420 to fix it so id id it myself. I got another motor, the old one was 4 spd 960 rpms, and the new one is 3 spd with 1075 rpms, the people said it was okay to do it like that and got a new capacitor as...

My motor is shaking [ 2 Answers ]

I just took my 91 honda civic for a 5 hour ride yesterday in the pouring rain. About half way in the trip my car started losing speed so I got on the side of the road and turned it off. After 10 minutes of letting it cool off I drove it the rest of the way. Sometimes it would lose speed/other times...

View more questions Search