Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badlands_countr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 02:21 PM
    FIFO Periodic System Adjusting Entries
    I am stumped on what my adjusting entry should be for the period for a FIFO Periodic Inventory system.

Beginning Inventory $500
    Net Purchases for Period $2020
    Ending Inventory $770

Purchases for the Period were Debited at $2020

My book tells me that an adjusting entry should be made, but I don't know which accounts are debited and credited. Thanks so much for your help.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 03:22 PM

The adjusting entry will be for the difference between the Beginning Inventory + puchases and the Ending inventory.

This Entry is:
    Debit Cost of Goods Sold
    Credit Merchandise Inventory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periodic system FIFO, LIFO, Avg Cost [ 1 Answers ]

Beginning inventory and purchases as follows: Beg Inv... 7 @ $104 1st purch... 12 @ $103 2nd purch... 19 @ $105 3rd purch... 11 @ $107 Use periodic system. 19 units were left in inventory at the end of the period. Determine the cost of the 19 units in the inventory by each method, show...

Lifo/fifo using periodic system [ 1 Answers ]

The company uses the periodic system, and there were 15 units in inventory at the end of the period. Can someone please determine the costs of 15 units in the inventory by each of the following methods, presenting details in your computations (a) first-in, first out and (b) last-in, first-out.

Periodic Inventory, FIFO and LIFO [ 0 Answers ]

Details regarding the inventory of appliances at Aug. 1, 2007, purchases invoices during the year, and the inventory count at July 31, 2008 are summarized as follows: Purchases Invoices Model Inventory Aug. 1 1st 2nd ...

Periodic Inventory System: Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please help me write these journal entries for a company using the periodic inventory system? Thanks Purchased $19,000 worth of inventory on account. Sold goods on account for $21,000 and made cash sales of $18,800. Credited customer accounts for $2,520 of merchandise returned....

View more questions Search