Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wooddude Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Letter jacket care
    I have an old letter jacket that was stored away for years. When I found it the arms of the jacket felt greasy or slimly. I took it to the dry cleaners because it’s in great shape. It came back OK but now it’s been hanging around for about a year, and the sleeves or arms which are vinyl feel greasy, There must be some kind of deterioration going on with this vinyl. Does anyone know how to stop this deterioration process, or what may be happening with this jacket. Thanks The Wooddude
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 08:42 PM

You used two totally different term. Is it leather or is it vinyl?
    Wooddude Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 02:54 AM

Thanks for trying to help. I never said anything about it being leather. This is a high school LETTER jacket. I'm sure that the sleeves are vinyl. Sorry for the misspilling of slimy.
    Thanks The Wooddude
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 06:23 PM

OOPs, I assumed you just slipped up when you typed leather and wrote letter. Automotive vinyl cleaner should do the trick for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my chair keep eating my jacket? [ 19 Answers ]

It gets really cold inside our office so I sometimes bring a jacket. Having no rack, I hang it on this chair. However, my jacket gets stuck. It won't let go when I try to get it after realizing it's already getting too cold. One time I forced one jacket out and it got ripped. All the other...

WWII Jacket [ 4 Answers ]

I recently inherited my grandfather's WWII army jacket and I have no idea what one of the arm patches is for. On the left sleeve there is a patch for the 1st Calvary Division. The one I am questioning is on the right sleeve. Stitched on the patch is the word "STABUENO" and the image is blue, white,...

Sports Jacket [ 1 Answers ]

Sports Jacket is required as dresscode in restaurants in Dominican Republic What is Sports Jacket? Is it a blazer or any informal jacket? I also have an Italian leather jacket - can I wear that? Thanks

Leather jacket [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new leather jacket and the first time I wore it it left a black residue on my clothing. Is there anything I can do or will it stop after a while?

View more questions Search