Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Colon Cleanse
    I'm not sure that this would be the appropriate place to post this. But here goes.

I've watched an informercial (that's what happens when you stay up late) and it was about Cleansing your Colon. I know that there are some benefits to cleansing your colon. The one that really caught my attention was losing weight.

What is the best product/procedure to cleansing your colon? And is it true that you can lose weight by cleansing your colon?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 12, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Hmm... I have heard that. I don't know about if it really works.
    Google it... there is lots of info out there about it

Weight Loss Is More Than Diets: Holistic Approach To Losing Weight

Yikes! Just reading this one paragraph!
    If you are not having two good bowel movements every day, you most likely have a toxic colon. If the colon is not fully releasing the waste that accumulates there after each meal, that waste turns putrid and toxic. The toxic waste leaks back through the wall of the colon and back into the bloodstream. This creates a generally unhealthy condition of the body and I feel is a hidden obstacle to losing weight, both because a person can store up to five pounds of waste and because the system is not healthy. This creates a situation where the body feels it needs more nutrition, etc. which translates into more food.
    I HAVE A TOXIC COLON!!
    Vision Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the information. I'm still needing to know what the best product to accomplish this is.
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Sep 15, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Here's your answer... 99% of people do NOT need to cleanse their colon. If you want to "clear it out" use a product called Magnesium Citrate. It is available in dollar stores, Wal Mart, etc and is CHEAP and it works! It is what Dr's use to empty you out before procedures.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2008, 05:40 AM
    I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10-foot pole. Weight control is a matter a being active and having discipline in what one chooses to eat - not forcing a void of everything in your lower intestines. There is no easy way, a lifestyle change is the only way.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 06:13 AM
    ... I guess the infomercial got to you.

Here's my take on colon cleansing drugs... your body naturally has a lot of bacteria and waste products. Naturally. They produce certain vitamins and minerals for you while you feed them.

If this is the reason why your colon may be "toxic"... well, I wouldn't want to get rid of my bacteria friends.

To be frank, "colon cleansing" is bs. You can look it up here... from a medical journal, written by a doctor with an MD and a PhD

Science-Based Medicine » Colon “cleanses”: A load of you know what…

A small exerpt:

One thing's for sure. Colon cleansing is a dubious and almost always useless procedure that shows no signs of going away. There is a thriving market offering an amazing number of products that claim to be able to rid you of all that nasty fecal buildup that doesn't exist. It may be the most obvious retort in the world for such woo, but the very nature of these sorts of products makes it difficult to avoid–nay, it demands that I not avoid–saying that colon cleansing is a load of…well, you know.
    Vision Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonPears View Post
    Today, it is a lot simpler to learn about different home remedies for cleansing out the colon than ever before, especially as the processes involved have become so simplified that almost anyone can do them on their own, and though some of these methods may be more expensive than the others, they are more or less all very effective.

Such as...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:44 AM

Without pointing any fingers, I'm strongly suspecting that some advertising is going on here. What do you think, Momma?
    Vision Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 02:34 AM

Yup... Hence my slight rudeness...
    socaldebbie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 11:03 PM

I'm into my second month on the DrNatura program (you can visit Best Colon Cleansing and Body Detox Programs.) I started it because I've been suffering from the Epstein Barr virus for several months and not getting any better, and thought a good cleanse/detox would be a good plan of attack. What sold me on this (pricey) program is that it has a 60-day money back guarantee. No, I'm not selling the stuff.

My results so far? Nothing so dramatic as what most of the testimonials on the web site say, but I can exercise more without getting bone-tired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have colon cancer [ 8 Answers ]

OK I made a post on here a couple of days ago and here are my symptoms: my stomach has become very large and hard... I look 7 or 8 months pregnant by the way I'm not! I have had rectal bleeeeding it off and on... whenever I have mexican food I have to potty like bad and when I can't go anymore I...

Cleanse a home [ 5 Answers ]

How do you cleanse a home with sage and candles?

Is it my colon? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 19 and for as long as I can remember I have been getting sharp, almost stabbing, pains through out my abdomen, groin, and my entire left side. Sometimes its not bad, but at times it is so bad it brings me to tears. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular to why the pain comes...

Gall stones and liver cleanse [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever tried the gall stone flush and blast treatment? Did it work

Colon Cleanse/ Not sure if this is the correct place to post [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone has tried any at home colon cleansing? I was looking for information on what people tried with success and I was wondering about pricing etc. I want to try something that will work, but not cost an arm and a leg and I found that there are hundreds of sites claiming to...

View more questions Search