Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkh0331 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Wiring 3 switches, each controlling a separate light
    Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire 3 switches in the same box, each controlling a different light?

Thanks.

David
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Not really sure what your looking for, if you have two 3 way in one 2 gang box, then each switch has another 3 way someplace else.

Depending on how the cabling is done, it is very possible to have only two 3 wire cables in the box, each connecting to it's own three way switch.

Can you provide more detail as to your situation?

Feb 10, 2007, 09:25 AM
    I have a switch box that will hold 3 different switches. Each switch will control a different light. This is for a remodel so I can do the cabling how I want. The walls are open. I have purchased 3 each both single pole and double pole switches.

Hope I am clear.

David
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Is the diagram I provided what your looking for?

Feb 10, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Yep that's the ticket!

Thanks You!
    sthomasdal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    Is the diagram I provided what your looking for?
    I have the same situation and can't find the diagram you mentioned.

I have 3 switches in one box. One 2-wire power supply entering the box. How do I wire the 3 switches to control 3 separate lights. The 3 sets of lights are in my barn and are laid out as follows. 1st switch controls 3 lights in the middle of the barn. 2nd switch controls 4 stall lights. 3rd switch controls 2 outside lights. Thank You for your time.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Sorry I took so long, been busy.

You probably already have it figured out, but I attached the diagram anyway.
    Attached Images

RTALA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
    I cannot tell from your diagram so I can assume that the black gets 3 pigtails one to each switch and the whites get connected together and the three blacks from the ceiling lights get connected to other screw on switch
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2013, 01:09 PM
    YEP. I'll answer for TK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 amp 25 volt light switches [ 5 Answers ]

I Am Upgrading A House That Was Built In 1963 And The Light Switches Have Never Been Changed,the House Was A Ge Home And All The Light Switches Are Low Voltage.does Anyone Know Where I Can Find Replacement Swithches?they Are 3 Amp 25 Volt Switches.

Wiring 3 way motion sensor switches [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 3-way motion sensor switches I want to install in my garage. There currently are two 3-way switches on different walls. The setup is different from another thread I was reading on this site.. . In my case the power (2 wire w/ground) goes to the light, and each of the switches...

Problem with Hallway Light Switches [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace my hall lights, from up and down toggles switches to the flat plate toggle. I have a switch at each end of the hallway. I purchased a Leviton switch that has 2 connectors and a green ground. The switches in my existing boxes have black, white, red and a ground. What do I need to...

Light switches [ 1 Answers ]

Here is a strange one. I am visiting my father, and he recently replaced an outlet in one bedroom and now the light switch no longer works. He didn't touch the switch at all. Here is the really odd part... now the same problem is in the adjoining bedroom. However, they are on different...

Wiring for multiple light switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have three light switches that control one light fixture. In the past, they all turned the light of and on independently. But recently it depends on where you turn if off. In some cases, it won't turn on at another switch. Someone told me it was the wiring or the switches. Nobody has changed...

View more questions Search