Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beach73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Health Insurance disqualifications for pre-existing conditions
    If a person is voluntarily terminated, currently receiving COBRA benefits and takes a new position, is the new employers health insurance provider legally allowed to disqualify the individual for a pre-existing condition?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 10:13 AM

Yes. The one way around this would be to enroll during the new company's open enrollment period.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 01:18 PM

This will differ by state in the US, and by policy, Most group plans in the group market allow everyone reqardless of health during the first >>>> days of going to work, or during open enrollment times.

While this is the normal esp in larger companies, in very small companies this may not be the norm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance for Pre Existing Illness [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any group insurance policies or individual policies which covers pre existing illness?

Health insurance policy which covers pre-existing disease-Kidney malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am suffering from Kidney problem. 90% of my kidneys are not functioning. Presently I don't have any Health insurance policy. Can any one tell me the information about the Health insurance policy, which covers the Pre-existing diseases. It would very helpful for me.

No health insurance [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting medical care that would involve maybe a MRI if I have no insurance and cannot afford such care?

Do I still have health insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I just turned 19 not too long ago, and my health insurance expired a couple of days ago. I used the insurance to get birth control, that my mom doesn't know about. My insurance was also dependent on my mom's. I heard somewhere that once someone turns 19, they can no longer be signed with their...

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My doctor's office will not release a claim to me with all the necessary information such as the diagnosis code and service code (cpt) because of HIPAA ? I have a self insured plan, the doctor is non-par and will not bill it, and I am trying to get myself paid. How can I get this information ? And...

View more questions Search