Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron720 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Can I caulk over new caulk?
    I have done a bang up job of caulking my ceramic tile shower stall. However, my wife doesn't like the color of the caulk I used. The caulk is about 1 week old and the shower has not been used and has been completely dry for a month or two. I have now found the matching Tec caulk. Can I just caulk over the other new caulk to change the color? Will it stick? Will it curl up and not stick?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 09:08 AM

Start digging. Besides, it will keep you out of trouble for a while. Nope, won't hold up.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 03:19 PM

Are you talking about just the caulk along the bottom edge or all the grout too?
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Oct 13, 2008, 08:39 PM

I would say, if its latex caulk and the same brand... go for it... if its silicone? I would follow the above post.. "Start Digging"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To caulk or not to caulk; cedar shake [ 7 Answers ]

I will be painting my house this summer which is painted cedar shakes. A previous owner calked cracks and also the spaces between the shakes. I have removed some of this caulk and paint as it is failing. Should I re-caulk the spaces between the shakes?

Caulk vs grout [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower that has the same tile on the walls as on the floor. Currently there is the same grout all over. It is a wide grout (about 1/4 inch). The area between the walls and the floor has lost some grout. Would it be advisable to use caulk (even a silicone) in such a wide space? Should...

Grout or caulk? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a bathroom remodeled and he used grout on all the seams (corners of walls, where the tile meets the tub, etc). I think it's supposed to be caulked. Should I remove the grout and caulk? If so, what the best, simplest way to do this. Thanks.

Caulk or grout [ 1 Answers ]

I just set 50 large tiles (8" X 10") above the installed fiberglass shower/tub unit/ THese tiles run along the top of the shower up to the ceiling, then along the sides in front to the floor. I had planned on grouting the tiles, with a color gout that would go well. I found a DAP product, tile...

Mortar vs caulk [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed some thin brick in my basement. This is 1/2" thick brick veneer that is glued up on a metal panel. The manufacturer recommends that you use Type S mortar with application via a "bakers' bag". I've tried this and find it very cumbersome and to be honest my forearms are simply...

View more questions Search