Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejgarcia111 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Brake light and ABS light come on after '01 Blazer is warm
    I have a '01 Chevy Blazer (S-10 version) that has a Brake light constantly on along with the ABS light. They both come on at the same time. They don't come on right away when I start the car up after sitting for a while. But it seems when the engine is warmed up that is when they both come on at the same time. When it is extremely cold (like January in MN cold) they don't come on at all.

As you can tell I have learned to ignore them because both regular braking and ABS braking have seemed to work just fine. But I am now thinking about getting rid of it and would like to figure out how to fix it. Will this be a costly repair?
    bob foulds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Hi there
    Your abs light could be caused by a bad resistance at one of the abs sensors which will cause the abs light to come in and stay on you need too check the volts at each abs sensor at the wheel side of the cable I:e the end that goes to the wheel as for the brake light is it just an wear indicater light hope this might help
    Bob
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 11:02 AM

Have a shop hook the truck up to a diagnostic scanner that will let them read each of the wheel speed sensors. If one is reading erratically, it thinks the wheel is slipping when it's not and relays this information to the computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emergency Brake light stays on after brake is realeased [ 3 Answers ]

What would cause the emergancy brake light to stay on after the emergancy brake has been released on my 2002 Ford Explorer?

Ford brake light [ 1 Answers ]

My ford explorers brake lights stay on unless I disconnect the battery, is this a sensor and where is it so I can replace it

My brake light [ 8 Answers ]

For some reason my brake light is always on, it will turn off for a little bit but then it goes back to being on, as far as I can tell my brakes arnt in use while the light is on and the brake is all the way down. Does anyone one know what is worng My car is a 95 altima

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

View more questions Search