Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvbug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Toilet tank not filling with water
    Our toilet just decided to stop filling up with water. It eventually does fill up but the water is not "spurting" out of the tube, actually it's just dribbling... do I need to replace something or is this a job for a plumber... hopefully it's an easy fix and I'm hoping someone can help me... Thank you
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 27, 2008, 06:16 PM

Did you check the knobs on the bottom or side of the toilet?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 06:29 PM

Need to replace your fill valve(ball cock). I would go to a hardware store and buy a fluidmaster fill valve. Its an easy job. If you need step by step instructions, let me know. Although the fill valve will come with instructions. If you already have a fluidmaster, you may not have to change the whole assembly.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:31 PM

You have two options here. Repair or replace. If you wish to repair it we will need more details. Type of ballcock, float ball or Fluid master? No water at all or is there seepage? No matter what you choose, see the (Images) below, if you need more help let us know please, good luck,

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 08:13 PM

Well you got at least two good answers. Based on what sounds like limited experience on your part I'd suggest total replacement with a Fluidmaster 400A, pretty much what the last two guys talked about. Not rocket science if you can read and follow the good directions in the box.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 28, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Our toilet just decided to stop filling up with water. It eventually does fill up but the water is not "spurting" out of the tube,
    If you have a Fluidmaster ball cock, (see image) you don't have to replace the entire ballcock. Simply purchase a Fluidmaster replacement seal # 242, (see image), shut the water off to the tank and twist the top off counterclockwise. Replace the seal,(see instructions) and you're back in business. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank not filling [ 3 Answers ]

Got a mystery here: I just moved into a new house and the toilet tank in the 2 piece bath on the main floor is suddenly not filling. I unscrewed the feed line into the tank and tested to see if there is water flowing through it and there isn't. The sink taps both work fine - just no water into...

Slow filling toilet tank [ 12 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet it takes at least 15 minutes to fill back up. The toilet in my other bathroom fills in about 3 minutes. Any advice?

Toilet moans when tank filling up so does washing machine [ 4 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet in the master bath the pipe sounds moan or vibration sound It also sounds the same when you fill the washing machine They are sort of back to back in the walls I think this started when they installed the new water heater I had two plumbers come and they changed...

Toilet intake not filling tank fast [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet is running all the time so I checked the flapper and the chains handle and noticed that the water is not being pulled into the tank as fast it is filling but a very slow rate when I fill the tank with a cup it will stay filled and the water shuts off when I flush it flushes fine and...

View more questions Search