Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllThumbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Hampton Bay fan removal - can't remove the canopy ring
    I see lots of questions about removing the canopy ring. Most say to turn the ring counterclockwise to remove. When I do that, it only loosens slightly, but won't remove. I've tried twisting, pushing up/down, still it only loosens slightly. Any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Twist it until it snaps, it should fall off. You shouldn't have to pull or push it.
    abayer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2014, 11:00 AM
    You guys are amazing!! Thank you so much!! Hunter is legally brain dead and has no clue on how to remove this on their site because they have never done this! It is obviously a manufacturers defect as many have posted on this here but thanks to this site I was able to resolve their screwed up instructions and product. Note to self - stay away from Hunter products in the future!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan removal [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan in our house (installed before we moved in). We want to move it to another room and are having trouble dismounting it From it's current location. We lowered the disk that contains the two light Bulb sockets and see a nut on a hollow shaft with wires through...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Hampton bay fan removal [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I purchased a home with a newer model of Hampton bay fan. Of course it has no other identifer except it is white and bright brass with a light kit. It is a remote control model. The lights do not work. I want to replace the whole fan with a Hunter, except I can't for the life of me...

Hampton bay ceiling fan canopy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. The problem is I am trying to replace a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and I cannot get the canopy down. There are no exposed screws on the canopy. There is a decorative ring around the top of the canopy that doesn't seem to be attached to the...

View more questions Search