Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nedrapounds Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Water running around bottom of toilet
    My toilets have all stopped flushing anything down. There is a steady flow of water coming from under the toilet at the floor. My sinks will still drain, but they back up into the tubs. Help!! I am on a septic system.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Sep 20, 2008, 09:57 PM

Your septic tank is full or pipes are clogged. Call a plumber that services this type of system immediately. Fecal matter can be dangerous. Make sure you clean with bleach afterwards.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 10:29 PM

Agree with previous post: your septic tank is full. Have it pumped out ASAP.

In the interim, you can do this: go outside, locate septic access pipe and remove the cap. Sewer will overflow into your garden rather than into your house.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 21, 2008, 04:30 AM
    All posts agree. Your septic tank needs to be pumped. However, at the same time you should have the drainfield looked at to see if liquid stiil percolates through the system. If the drainfield's clogged the septic tank will simply fill back up and overflow again.. good luck, Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 06:04 AM

Suggest that you have the main line to the septic tank snaked out and the wax ring under the toilet replaced. If that doesn't solve the problem, or if the problem returns, have the septic man check your distributions lines. If the distribution lines are clogged and the water can't be dispersed, or the septic field is saturated, the water has no place to go. I agree that the septic tank is full, but then it's always full. What's the weather like there, had a lot of rain lately?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak around bottom of toilet [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Every once in a while, when I flush my toilet, water slowly leaks from the bottom of the toilet out onto the floor. It does not happen every flush. Sometimes it's only a little bit of water, sometimes it's more. What is causing this, and is there something I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Why is water running? Toilet water keep running into toilet bowl [ 6 Answers ]

I changed all the I possible on toilet as toilet was running off and on. Now water keeps a constant tricke into toilet bow an flapper and float are all working. What else can it be as my water bill was terrible. HELP single grandma raising two grandkids and just got laid off and broke! ...

Toilet is gushing out water at bottom and into tub. [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Our toilet is gushing out water at bottom and at the same time the tub is filling up with water. We turned off value for toilet and doesn't seem to stop the water from coming out. Toilet is not flushing only filling up, that's when the problem begins.

View more questions Search