Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi888 Posts: 71, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Home-made/cheap for skin lightening that worked for me
    I've tried various store bought and internet bought products to lighten skin and it was all a waste of my money I think what works just as well or better in my experience is a home-made mixture that involve some plain yogurt and lemon juice.

This is the website I found the info on

Beauty Secrets Revealed!!!: Homemade Skin Whitening/Lightening Recipes

I'm a dark-skinned indian girl my complexion is so dark that if you ignore my features and my hair I could pass for a dark skinned black person. Anyway, after I use this product it did lighten me some shades and in my opinion it has worked better than any product that I have spent my money on.

I wouldn't go out into the sun with lemon juice on your skin.. make sure after you apply this on your skin you wash it off.

I actually made little tub of it and applied to my whole body for 15 min each day before I showered. So far good results!
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 02:06 PM
    I tried those. Lemon juice is very drying and gave me uneven lightening around my face.

Sep 6, 2008, 02:10 PM
    You it's dryiing so you'd need to apply moisturizer after using it. I've tried both lemon juice alone and lemon juice mixed with plain yogurt and I think the mixture worked better for me. Too bad yours was uneven. So I guess diff skin types may react differently probably you would want to try out a part of the skin that is usually covered by clothing.

The difference I saw in me was gradual the more I did it the more it worked

Sep 16, 2008, 09:19 PM
    DIY Skin-Brightening Mask

I've been using the papya+ yogurt lately and it's working better than lemon juice and yogurt. Haven't added the honey but it says honey is just suppose to moisturize the skin.

Just cut up and then blend some fresh papya and yogurt and leave on skin for 15 min.

It gets kind of boring sitting there for 15 min with the stuff on your body.. you can't really move around because you'll make a mess lol so it helps if you could listen to music while you wait.

Also, the yogurt could be cold so if you want you can warm it slightly in the microwave first.

The results aren't drastic but I noticed a difference right after I used it and I've not experienced any rebound darkening like I have with other products I've used. Also, my hands use to get so black after just a few min in the sun and now that no longer seems to happen.
    FarmersTan Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Hey mimi,
    Thanks for posting this! I'm going to try these natural remedies first, before trying any chemical products.

I'm a multi-racial man (50% Irish, 25% Black, 25%Asian). My natural color is medium to light yellow, but the sun darkens my face/neck/arms about three shades. Trying to get rid of the tan now - not an easy task lol.

I love East Indian women, I'll bet you're beautiful.

Thanks again ;)

Sep 19, 2008, 01:27 AM
    OK! Good luck with it! I have a feeling it will work for you!
    I'm living in the caribbean now so I can get fresh papaya at the grocery store.. I'm not sure if you can get it where you are.

Also, if you don't already, using sunscreen might help..

Lastly, please come back on here and let us know if you got any results :)
    FarmersTan Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi888
    ok! good luck with it! i have a feeling it will work for you!
    i'm living in the caribbean now so i can get fresh papaya at the grocery store.. im not sure if you can get it where you are.

also, if you don't already, using sunscreen might help..

lastly, please come back on here and let us know if you got any results :)
    I'm living in Southern Arizona - you could fry an egg on the hood of your car here...
    Yeah, I'm using sunscreen and protective clothing now.
    "I'll be back" :D
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 20, 2008, 05:54 AM

Sounds like my idea of Hell...

Sep 20, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmersTan View Post
    I'm living in Southern Arizona - you could fry an egg on the hood of your car here...
    Yeah, I'm using sunscreen and protective clothing now.
    "I'll be back" :D
    Think about the caribbean where it's always sunny and always hot. I wear long sleeve and long pants all the time and people always ask me "um aren't you hot in that?"

And there's a lot of pressure to go lay on the beach or take part in fun in the sun..

I miss the cold/gloomy north :p
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 24, 2008, 05:47 AM

mimi888,

Even where I am in London I am forever making up excuses as to why I don't go out in the sun. In my defence, I do have thin skin which burns easily in the sun and feels extremely uncomfortable, when that happens, and I have told people that. However people seem to think that if you are black , then the sun should be your best friend and going out in it should never be a problem.
    awesthandwa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Well il also try t, il keep you posted, bt hw long does t take before I c the difeerence?
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 20, 2009, 01:07 PM

Has it still been working for you?
    awesthandwa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Ow by the way I have been googling on other sites and I also found out that lemon juice also works very well with glycerin , I think that is more affordable for me since I don't have a refrigerator to keep the yhogurt and all
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Awesthandwa I hope it works for you. At least mixing it with glycerin will help prevent the dryness of the lemon juice.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 20, 2009, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by awesthandwa View Post
    ow by the way i have been googling on other sites and i also found out that lemon juice also works very well with glycerin , i think that is more affordable for me since i dnt have a refrigerator to keep the yhogurt and all
    How are you applying the lemon juice? Is it bottled or fresh?
    ciCi13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 11:35 PM
    I hate when peplz think that I am full black because of how dark I am!! I'm 25% itlian,25% black and 50% mexican. ( moms mexican my dads black and italian) I hope this works because my skin used to be a beautiful complexion like carmel colored.
    ciCi13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 11:37 PM

I hate when peplz think I'm fully black! I'm 25% italian 25% black and 50% mexican. (moms mexican dads mixed) because of the stupid sun I have very dark skin now. I ued to have beautiiful skin like a rich carmel color! I want it bakk sooo bad! I hope this works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custom Made Skin Lightening cream [ 10 Answers ]

I use this skin lightening cream that is custom blended by this lady who owns a skincare salon here in Newyork. Now I use her product and it is very expensive for just a small amount, but it seems like it's the only product that works for me. I'll go and say to myself I can't afford this crap but...

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

At Home Skin lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know good skin lightening recipes that are inexpensive? Thanks!

View more questions Search