Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicoleallen83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Fever after tooth extraction
    On Tuesday (9/2) I had my upper left wisdom tooth removed. The next day I finished the amoxocillian that was prescribed the Thursday before when I started having symptoms. On Thursday in the morning I woke up feeling sluggish, with body pain and chills. Since Thursday (four days) I have been running a fever. Do you think this is related to the tooth extraction or am I just sick?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 07:44 PM
    It could just be coincidence but the surgical site could be infected. Have your dentist take a look, you may need another about of antibiotics. I trust you are rinsing gently with warm water and salt to help promote healing.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Sep 15, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Usually an infection will also have a bad taste/odor, and swelling/pain from the site.. also limited opening of the jaw
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:01 AM
    Fever is also related to infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain after extraction [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled about 5 days ago, 3 days after the extraction a tooth on the same jaw(lower) started to hurt, the tooth that was pulled was the very back tooth (bottom) the tooth that is now in pain is a front (lower) tooth. Is this related to the extraction? Or what!

Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My middle molar (used for chewing) broke of from the side, and I went to see the dentist who informed me that the tooth was dead and under the gum infected, so I have to take the tooth out inorder to prevent the infection from spreading to the other molar (the last one at the back). But my...

Tooth extraction [ 3 Answers ]

A little over three years ago when I was prgnant with my daughter one of my fillings came out and I never had it fixed, over the past two months it has got much worse and now I can't bear the pain, I made a trip to the dentist today to see if they could pull it and he said that the x ray showed a...

Extraction of tooth [ 5 Answers ]

I am told that my tooth is 70% bad but it is strong. Is it necessary to extract now or I can wait till tooth is little bit loose or shakey? Please answer

Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?

View more questions Search