Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bigtamw65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Was my Tattoo Over worked or done too deep.
    Hi,

I got my tattoo done 8/28/2008. The ink is now bleeding into other parts of my skin and there are several "pits" in the design. There was several deep scabs and even portion that was infected. I know that infection can sometimes occur, but with the bleeding of the ink, the cloudliness of how the tattoo is now I wanted to know if my skin was overworked. I went to another shop (other than where the work was done) and that artist told me that is was over worked and too deep. I have been treated for the infection, but now I am wondering if my tattoo was done incorrectly because of the bleeding of the ink, the cloudiness and the pits that devolped (which were not in the affected area). I have attached a link to my photobucket pictures. Thanks for any help.

Bigtamw65/My Tattoo - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Not much you can do about this now.
    Bigtamw65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Not much you can do about this now.
    But was it caused by being over worked or done too deep?
    ashley568 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtamw65
    Hi,

I got my tattoo done 8/28/2008. The ink is now bleeding into other parts of my skin and there are several "pits" in the design. There was several deep scabs and even portion that was infected. I know that infection can sometimes occur, but with the bleeding of the ink, the cloudliness of how the tattoo is now I wanted to know if my skin was overworked. I went to another shop (other than where the work was done) and that artist told me that is was over worked and too deep. I have been treated for the infection, but now I am wondering if my tattoo was done incorrectly because of the bleeding of the ink, the cloudiness and the pits that devolped (which were not in the affected area). I have attached a link to my photobucket pictures. Thanks for any help.

Bigtamw65/My Tattoo - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    I don't have a real answer for you and I don't know much about doing tattoos but I do have around 30hrs of work on myself. It looks more like the artist slipped on that one spot. My first tattoo was done too deep and mine rose up vs making a pit. 3yrs later it is still raised. About the bleeding I've never heard of that before. I think it looks like you will heal fine and you can always have it fixed. Make sure you research your artist very carefully!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 01:49 PM
    It's normal for a bit of the ink to come out after a tattoo is done; it's happened on each one that I've had put on me. That's also what I would attribute the cloudiness to; not all of the ink will stay in your skin, and it's a lot more noticeable on color instead of black ink.

However, you should not have scars like that where a tattoo is supposed to be. As for the infection, the tattoo artist can simply try to argue that you didn't care for it properly which led to the infection.
    casc21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Hi I had a tattoo done about 2 years ago and mine is raised very sore and new skin continually grows on it hence it flaking and that. All a tattooist will say is 'cant do much about it but live with it' I've been doctors and all tried dif creams my last option is laser removal not good. You can't do this because of the design of yours. Soooo you are just going to have to wish and hopes it corrects itself gooooooood luck
    Iaminkstudio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 01:34 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but for anyone else who has found this through curiousity about a recent tattoo, I would say it is more than likely too deep. The spreading effect of ink under there the lines is where the ink has penetrated past the dermis and entered into the fatty tissue underneath. The cells in this part of the skin are not as stable as those in the dermis which is why they spread and you get that hazy look, or "blown lines" as they are known.
    Iaminkstudio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but looking at the linework in the whole tattoo, I am certain it was done too deep. The hazy effect under the lines is due to the ink enetrating too deeply into to fatty layer of skin. The skin cells in this layer are not as stable as those in the dermis, and the result is the ink on blotting paper look, or "blown lines" as they are called.
    Arriryan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
    The ink spreading is due to blown lines. It is caused by the shading much deeper than the out line. Think of your skin as having chambers beneath and filling it with pigment or as common folks know as ink. If ink in shading goes further than the outline it will sneak underneath and outside the outline. With it being hazy, look into what procedures you used for after care because soaking yor tattoo will cause the skin " epidermis" to soften and break, spilling the pigment before you skin has time to absorb it. Dry environments are also bad because your skin stretches as you move and therefor cracks leaving your skin open to be penetrated by unwanted foreign stuff such as bacteria for your white cells to try kicking out you tattoo from you skin.
    Arriryan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
    The ink spreading is due to blown lines. It is caused by the shading much deeper than the out line. Think of your skin as having chambers beneath and filling it with pigment or as common folks know as ink. If ink in shading goes further than the outline it will sneak underneath and outside the outline. With it being hazy, look into what procedures you used for after care because soaking yor tattoo will cause the skin " epidermis" to soften and break, spilling the pigment before you skin has time to absorb it. Dry environments are also bad because your skin stretches as you move and therefor cracks leaving your skin open to be penetrated by unwanted foreign stuff such as bacteria for your white cells to try kicking out you tattoo from you skin.
    sydneyvic1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 02:20 AM
    Got a tattoo done two days ago, and it was aweful the guy screwed up more times than I have toes an I am being told he went way too deep I'm getting white patches its dry and fels like leather even though I keep mosturizing.. I'm an 18 year old mom is there any hope it can be laser removed?
    Roy00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 02:09 AM
    Why not do try laser hair removal machine? The Q-switched Nd:YAG laser(single pulse 200mj) radiates the light with a specific wavelength in high peak energy pulses, hence the light penetrates into the tissue only for a nanosecond. The light is absorbed by the pigmentation and results in an instantaneous blast, that is Light blasting principle. The pigmentation particles are shattered into fragments, some can be bounced out of the skin and others can be splited into tiny particles that can be engulfed by phagocytes and then eliminated by the lymphatic system. If you want to remove unwanted tattoo, please can contact me. My website: Laser tattoo removal machine for sale

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

Deep cut [ 1 Answers ]

I cut myself on my hand at work, it is a small, clean, but rather deep cut. I cleaned it, put pressure on it, and put some antibacterial on it, then wrapped in a band aid because I had to be at work the rest of the day. It has been quite a few hours since then, but it is still bleeding. But now I...

Lived and worked in NY, lived in NJ worked in NY in 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

I know I should probably get an accountant for my takes this year, but I figured I would ask. For the first part of the year I lived and worked in NYC until August when I had an apartment in both NYC and NJ :( . Then for the rest of the year I lived in NJ and worked in NYC. I also started paying on...

Deep cut [ 1 Answers ]

One week ago I cut the crap out of my index finger,had 2 get stitches,7 days past then I took out the stitches,I think that I should have waited longer to take them out, now I have almost a sharp throbbing pain should I go back 2 th er?

I am in deep ! [ 2 Answers ]

I have the following anti spywares and anti viruses in my computer. McAfee AVG Ewido Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware Spybot All of them are always updated. Now, the problem is that even after having so many anti xyz softwares, I still get malware sna d viruses in my computer which...

View more questions Search