Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makljohnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Reset gfci
    The gfci protective outlets I have don't have a reset button that I can see. How can I reset them? I have flipped all the breakers in the breaker box but that didn't reset them.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 8, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Do they look just like a regular outlet? It could be that they are protected by another gfci outlet and you need to reset that one.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:00 AM
    If it is in the panel, the breaker needs to be turned all the way off, then back on.
    It may be protected by a GFI in another location(Kitchen, bath, outside outlet).
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 09:25 AM
    The advice given is accurate but you need to provide more details. How do you know the circuit is GFCI proetected, where do you see the GFCI, on the wall or in the panel?
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Ballanger, I'm guessing their was a sticker on the plate? We'll see, Take care.
    makljohnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 03:49 PM
    There are stickers on the outlets ( where the reset buttons normally are ) that say "GFCI Protected Outlets". There is 1 outside & 1 in both of the bathrooms. I plugged my pool pump into the 1 outside & that is when all 3 outlets quit working.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Look for a receptacle with a reset button that needs to be pushed in (reset). Maybe red.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 04:30 PM
    A sticker can mean you have GFCI protection but its not a 100% guarantee. You will find at least one receptacle that has the reset at the start of the feed or a GFCI breaker in the panel,it looks different from the other breakers. If you find neither all you have is stickers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFCI will not reset-red buttons keeps popping [ 3 Answers ]

My one GFCI outlet pops its red button occasionally. :( Now it is has popped with nothing plugged into any of the outlets that I can determine are connected with it and it will not stay in - keeps popping out. What does this indicate, is it a fire hazard in any way, and what can I try? Meanwhile I...

30amp GFCI to 50amp GFCI [ 1 Answers ]

I have a square D panel box with 200 amp service coming into the house. I have a square D 30 amp double pole gfci breaker that was put in last year for a hot tub. I am now getting a new hot tub, and it requires a 50amp gfci breaker. The 30amp currently in place says type/tipo HOM. It is...

When adding a GFCI disconnect for hottub, should I replace GFCI in service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hottub now but without a disconnect. Its simply a 6/3-50 amp wire that runs from the hottub to a 50amp GFCI inside the house main service panel. I want to install a disconnect 5-10 feet from the hottub. I bought a disconnect box that already has a GFCI inside of it. Should I have bought...

Hot Tub gfci [ 1 Answers ]

The hot tub that I'm installing requires a 240V supply but there are only three connections. The two hot leads and a ground connection, shouldn't there be a lug for the neutral wire also? The gfci breaker has a three wire with a ground (4 wires) on the line side with the white neutral on the line...

Reset button keeps needing to be reset [ 2 Answers ]

The reset button on our oil furnace needs to be reset every 10 to 14 days. What can be the problem? We are leaving for the holidays and I'm concerned that we could come home to frozen pipes.

View more questions Search