Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martina59 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Weed & Feed liquid fertilizer.when can water be applied
    How long after I apply my weed & feed liquid fertilizer, can the lawn be watered, or if it rains? I applied it 21 hrs. ago, and it's raining. Will this affect it?
    pdr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Weed and Feed should be allowed to dry at least 1 day, then thoroughly watered into your lawn. Rain now is OK, However if the soil is too dry, hard and compacted, some of the fertilizer may get washed away.Liquid fertilizers are systemic meaning they feed through the roots of the plants, and through the foliage. Weed control enters through pores on the leaves of the weed and translocates through its system. The longer its allowed to dry, the better the results.During summer months granular slow release fertilizers are better to use. When applied properly, they will not burn the lawn since they are encapsulated in a polymer and begin feeding when watered into the soil. Granulars only feed the roots. Liquids may burn the foliage when its hot and dry, and should only be applied in spring and fall when the ground is moist and temps are between 50 and80 degrees. Using a spot sprayer for weeds is more sufficient during summer. If at any time it rains right after any application containing weed control it may be necessary to reapply product to the lawn, wait 1 week to see if the weeds are beginning to curl, if not then reapply.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 08:24 AM
    I tend to agree with pdr but it really doesn't matter at this point. The application is done and its raining, if the chemical is going to fail to do its job there is not way to avoid it. If you do not see expected results in a week, read the label regarding reapplication. You should be OK with a slightly reduced concentration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed and feed lawn fertilizer [ 4 Answers ]

I had a very old lawn. Last Fall, aerated and double seeded and it looked like Better Homes and Gardens. In spring I used the Scotts Step I fertilizer with halts. Now I used Step 2, Weed and Feed, and the lawn looks terrible. It gets browner every day, I think it killed all the new grass. What...

What to do if too much weed and feed was used [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the northeast (Long Island). Put a little bit too much weed and feed down in the backyard this weekend, and now with this heat wave, I got lots of brown grass. The whole front yard is what I will call "slightly browning", but there are a couple of patches (maybe 2' x 2') where it...

Weed and feed [ 1 Answers ]

After applying weed and feed to my lawn it turned my grass gold. Do anyone know what might of happen. Please help:confused:

Weed And Feed In The Garden [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My son put weed and feed in the vegetable garden Will this harm my plants what can I do? Will I be able to eat the Produce...

View more questions Search