Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flint_Hound Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Sci Fi/Horror flick (similar to Event Horizon)
    Been scraping my mind for the name of a sci fi horror film I watched on the scifi channel sometime between 2000 and 2004.

What I remember:
    >Takes place completely on a spaceship/station
    >Crew members become paranoid and start killing each other, committing suicide, etc...
    >There's a scene with a dead crew member floating outside the ship with something around his neck
    >The cause of all the insanity is some alien entity aboard the ship
    >I vaguely remember the main character(s) sealing an airlock door and I believe the movie ends in a cargo bay

That's all I got... it's very (even suspiciously) similar to Even Horizon and maybe Solaris with some hints from other sci fi horrors like Aliens and such.

Thanks for any help
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 02:49 PM
    A wild guess: the craptacular Supernova?

Sep 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purukivel
    A wild guess: the craptacular Supernova?
    Thanks for the post Purukivel :)

Took me awhile to retrieve this one and it doesn't look like it's it... though it is extremely close to what I'm looking for (had me wondering for about half the movie).

This movie is even more craptastic than Supernova. However their plots are virtually parallel: crew gets infected by foreign alien/object/thingy and begin turning on each other.
    uncleroyhoggins Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
    How old?

B&W or color?

Sounds sort of like the plot to Mario Bava's "Planet of The Vampires"

Planet of the Vampires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sep 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleroyhoggins
    How old?

B&W or color?

Sounds sort of like the plot to Mario Bava's "Planet of The Vampires"

Planet of the Vampires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Definitely color and, though I'm not too sure how dated it is, I would say it was filmed no earlier than 1990.

Also, I was talking to some friends and they remembered some key plot elements (they couldn't think of the title though, %^#$ it! :mad:) :

>The ship the movie takes place on is dead in space and boarded by a crew that found it
    >The dead ship, when it is found by the new crew, has one live crew member that is infected by the foreign alien/object/thingy
    and
    >(we are pretty sure) The movie's ending is left open. We believe they use the ending "The Thing" uses by making the viewer wonder if the surviving characters are infected or not

Thanks again for any assistance! :D
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Maybe 'sphere'
    Sphere (1998)

OK maybe not in space, but the klling off and paranoia and an alien entity kind of make me think of this one

Sep 4, 2008, 07:33 PM
    :D Alien Cargo :D

Thanks everone for your help!
    Just spent another three hours searching for this illusive ba$tard and finally found it in a full list of non-'SciFi Pictures' films aired on The SciFi Channel (<this will definitely come in handy in the future).

Life now complete, initiating contented deactivation of all metabolic processes

P.S. @albear: I'll give 'Sphere' a watch, the whole paranoid, isolated environment thing in movies like 'The Thing' and 'Event Horizon' really sucks me in
    zenmaster24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
    You're sure its not event horizon?
    alexandurs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Better late than never!:)) The name of the movie you are asking for is The Dark Side of the Moon. It's 1990 B production release, but in fact quite good. Here is th IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099364/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of two horror flick, part of a trilogy [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a trilogy (horror) back in the early 80’s I only remember the title of one, I need the name of the other two as they were pretty good. First was: The Legend of Lizzie Borden (1975) with Elizabeth Montgomery Now comes the tricky part the second one was about a Woman coming home and seeing...

80's horror flick [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a question. There's this 80's movie horror flick about teens going to camp. The only thing I remember in that movies is the killer burning a girl in her room with her own curling iron. That's all I can remember with that movie. Hope some one can help me

Can't remember name of horror flick [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a movie when I was little, maybe early 80's. These children were riding a bus and went through some kind of smog that turned their fingernails black and then they started killing people. Does anyone know the name of it. It scared me then but I would like to see it now. Thanks

Horror/Slasher flick from 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find the name of a horror/slasher flick from the mid to late 80's. Here's the premise. A rock n' roll guy goes around killing people with his guitar. The guitar is red & white and has a drill attached to it. Every time he is ready to kill someone he plays the guitar before killing...

Looking for name of sci-fi/horror flick [ 3 Answers ]

From what I remember this movie was set somewhere in the west maybe Nevada like area; anyway, alien invades town/rec area, has big head and the main thing is that he has these small creatures that he throws like frisbees at people, creatures are circular w/ claws around edge and teeth in center....

View more questions Search