Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Then the Club should be reported to the SLA - and I'm not joking.

Your closest friend puts up with this? I'd find another club.
    My friend allow let whoever which guy touch her and which don't. If she doesn't mind the guy touching,especially if he is tipping well, no bouncer is needed. Now when she don't want a guy touching her, she gets the bouncer. However the guys get to touch her when they are shoving money in her g-string.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    My friend allow let whoever which guy touch her and which don't. If she doesn't mind the guy touching,especially if he is tipping well, no bouncer is needed. Now when she don't want a guy touching her, she gets the bouncer. However the guys get to touch her when they are shoving money in her g-string.

I was a bikini cocktail waitress in high heels - tips were very good. It paid for college and then some.

Anyone who touched me was grabbed by a bouncer before he could blink - of course, I split tips with the bouncers, as did every other waitress. It was our choice and those who did not STILL were protected.

It was a clean establishment. I will mention that my father was most definitely not happy with my choice of jobs but, as I said, it paid my tuition and there was nothing sleezy or illegal.

Agreed it's not the same as stripping but anyone who put his hands on any one of us - and they did try to "tuck" tips - would be using metal hooks for hands right now.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee]
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan

If CSI taught you that you can grab an errant adult daughter and force her to tour a morgue to see all the strippers murdered by their boyfriends you are watching too much TV, even if it's 2 hours a week.

This is pretend, not reality.

Morgues don't let you go on tours.
    If the parents of the daughter know a doctor very well, they can request a trip visit.

Like I said before, it's JUST AN EPISODE, not all of it.

Please, stop judging me because I watch a show that is "pretense" to you while I consider it "partially real."
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I understand your point Hypan because my friend said in the 90's strippers was being found dead every where.

Edited FC
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    I understand your point Hypan because my friend said in the 90's strippers was being found dead every where. It not happening as much as it did before but it can happen, but people get kill regardless of what they do. But I still see your point and Judy judges/attackes everyone, don't take it personal.

I'd like to know the stastics on strippers being found dead everywhere - I've been in the legal system for a number of years and lived in NYC for a number of years and don't recall this.

Of course, I didn't let people touch me, money or no money, tips or no tips.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I'd like to know the stastics on strippers being found dead everywhere - I've been in the legal system for a number of years and lived in NYC for a number of years and don't recall this.

I don't know what your talking about and if you was in the criminal system you would know about what I am referring to. Secondly, you didn' let who touch you? You said yourself you can compare a cocktail waitress to a stripper, what are you talking about? You're the one who stated nobody get touch in strip clubs, I guess you're an expert at that too. I merely inform you want happens in the strip clubs but I guess my friend was lying about that. Enough high jacking someone else thread.l
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Hello:

I've been reading with interest. I cannot imagine how you can make these judgments and then pretend that you're not doing it. But then, some people like buttermilk and I don't understand that either...

It's clear that you don't like stripping. That's fine. Say it, and then stand up. It IS a judgment. Your liking something or other IS nothing other than your judgment.

Would you be saying the same thing if she was a barista?

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Where did I say I dislike strippers? Never say that. I have many friends who are or have strip. Everyone is entitle to do whatever they want. I was just letting Judy know what happens in most strip clubs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Boy, those cute little kids we love so much, grow up, and leave home, and we as parents think we can take a deep breathe, and relax. WRONG, we will worry about our babies forever, until we leave this planet.

We don't always like the choices they make for sure, but we must back off, because grown kids do as they please, no matter what you say. I have a daughter, and don't mind telling you that, though I stay out of her business, nobody can stop me from "keeping an eye on her", nor does she have to know.

But other than that, weigh your words, and actions carefully, and always make sure they know you love them, no matter what they do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Ok, we have all sorts of strippers and strip clubs here in Atlanta, I can't even remember the last one that was even attacked, and never killed. There may have been a killer in some larger cities here and there, But my guess is that being a post office driver or check cashing store clerk woiuld be much more dangerous.

And OK, I know some of the low class places where things are not done legally, but the high class places, no one touches the girls, well not more than once, they are thrown out fast. In many the bouncers walk the girls to the cars, and sometimes the local officers on duty know when they get off and drive though the lot. Many of the bouncers are off duty police officers even.

From a moral standpoint I don't support what they do, and excon and I have to go back to a few for more research for this thread just to be sure we are up to date on all of our material.

But seriously, in my previous non religious life, I used to sell the costumes to many of the clubs, and I knew 100's of the girls, if not 1000's of them over the years, I can't tell you how many of the ones in the better clubs were just college girls earning good money to pay for their college.

They may let the guys "think" all sorts of things but that is how they get that extra tips.

Wound I want a daughter to do it, no, but to be honest I would not want them to do a lot of other jobs either.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Hello again, liz:

If you're going to keep up with me, liz, you better sharpen your reading skills. I said you don't like STRIPPING - not strippers.

Besides, anytime somebody wants to tell me how it "is", I go limp. The truth is, there AIN'T a way it "is". There are strippers who do x, and there are strippers who do y. What one does, doesn't mean others do too. The fact is, there isn't a group called strippers that acts in a certain identifiable way. I'm sorry.

You've heard stories about exconvicts, of course. I'm sure you think they're a certain way too. That too, would be an incorrect thought.

You need to broaden your horizons.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
    It doesn't matter how you put it I never said I hated stripping. It's not something I would do but then again I do own a strip pole and put on a show for my fiancé sometimes.

There you go being judgemental. I have no problem with exconvicts or anyone who did time in jail/prison. Yes I have heard stories about convicts. Then again, I did dislike people that commit crimes against kids or kill people for senseless reasons. I have exconvicts in my family and know some from around the way and I don't judge them nor dislike them or hold it against them.

My horizons are broaden, I never stated bad mouth strippers and understand many people strip for many reasons and while some does x and y. I just have no idea where you came out and I think is was due to a statement I made in another topic or the statement I made about strippers being found dead in NY in the 90's. My friend who happens to be a stripper told me this and at this time she stated it was scary but mostly due to females going off with guys for extra actitivies. It never happen in the clubs. I only made that statement because of a t.v. show that was brought up but as I stated earlier anyone is at risk.

Sep 4, 2008, 08:26 PM

Oh OK...

Did you look under Nevada or California?
    I'm sure you didn't cause those 2 states are high in prostitution...

Don't believe me?
    That's fine but I'll tell you part of my life... I GREW UP IN RENO, NEVADA... right across the street from Peppermill.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Oh ok...

Did you look under Nevada or California?
    I'm sure you didn't cause those 2 states are high in prostitution...

Don't believe me?
    That's fine but I'll tell you part of my life... I GREW UP IN RENO, NEVADA... right across the street from Peppermill.

What are you talking about? How did the subject turn to prostitution in Nevada and/or California?

The subject was dead hookers in the '90's.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 09:06 PM

Comments on this post
    liz28 disagrees: it happens in the 90's, do your own homework.

OK, did my homework. Checked under dead strippers; strippers murdered in the 1990's; strippers killed in California and/or Nevada (at the suggestion of Hipan); strippers murdered in NYC in the 1990's; strippers murdered in NYS in the 1990's. I find no statistics.

Apparently your friend is the only person who was keeping records of this at the time and I can't find her research on line.

(Your "reddie" makes no sense where it is posted - following my statement that I didn't let people touch me, money or no money, etc. - obviously a revenge posting.)
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 09:08 PM
    [QUOTE=hjpan]

If the parents of the daughter know a doctor very well, they can request a trip visit.

Like I said before, it's JUST AN EPISODE, not all of it.

Please, stop judging me because I watch a show that is "pretense" to you while I consider it "partially real."

Really - Doctors can arrange trips to the morgue? Interesting. I'll get back to you on this.

I judged you because of your comments, not because of what you watch on TV.

That and the fact that conversations just like this one got you permanently banned from another site.

Sep 4, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Comments on this post
    liz28 disagrees: it happens in the 90's, do your own homework.

OK, did my homework. Checked under dead strippers; strippers murdered in the 1990's; strippers killed in California and/or Nevada (at the suggestion of Hipan); strippers murdered in NYC in the 1990's; strippers murdered in NYS in the 1990's. I find no statistics.

Apparently your friend is the only person who was keeping records of this at the time and I can't find her research on line.

(Your "reddie" makes no sense where it is posted - following my statement that I didn't let people touch me, money or no money, etc. - obviously a revenge posting.)
    Of course you won't find stuff online...

Ever heard of confidentiality?
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Of course you won't find stuff online...

ever heard of confidentiality?

Murder statistics are confidential?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Hjpan and Liz, if you are just going to pull advice and statistics out of thin air, then please go the psychic boards, there you don't need anything concrete as backup.

OP, you don't have to like what your daughter does for a living, most parents have some problem with the way their kids live their lives. Admittedly, stripping is a controversial profession, but it is a legal profession, and one where you can make very good money for very little work, and it requires no education, for some it's too tempting to pass up.

Accept your daughter for who she is and what she does, she's an adult. I know it's hard, or at least I imagine it is, my kids are still young, they still have to listen to me. Just refrain from mentioning her career choice, love her and support her, that's all you can do.

Some lesson have to be learned the hard way.

Good luck.

Sep 4, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Hjpan and Liz, if you are just going to pull advice and statistics out of thin air, then please go the the psychic boards, there you don't need anything concrete as backup.

OP, you don't have to like what your daughter does for a living, most parents have some problem with the way their kids live their lives. Admittedly, stripping is a controversial profession, but it is a legal profession, and one where you can make very good money for very little work, and it requires no education, for some it's too tempting to pass up.

Accept your daughter for who she is and what she does, she's an adult. I know it's hard, or at least I imagine it is, my kids are still young, they still have to listen to me. Just refrain from mentioning her career choice, love her and support her, that's all you can do.

Some lesson have to be learned the hard way.

Good luck.
    Once you judykaytee to stop being stuck up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is a Stripper! [ 23 Answers ]

OMG, OK I really love her but it's really hard to deal with this stress! Basically my question is that in the end it's about my boundries right, what I can take or allow or not take? The thing is it didn't bother me until recently thou, so I am confused. She is a model also, she has a lot of...

How do I tell my parents I'm a stripper? [ 33 Answers ]

Well I started dancing about 1 month ago to get some extra cash. Within the first week I made an extra $1800 working tues, thurs. fri. sat. and sun. plus I'm still working my day job. I love dancing. There's something so liberating, playful and fun about it. It really makes me feel like a woman. ...

Girlfriend is a Stripper [ 4 Answers ]

OK well this really isn't a normal scenario although having a girlfriend who is a stripper isn't normal to begin with. Anyway it makes it harder for me since I am in the military. Before I start we are both in our early 20's. I come back from being away for a 6 month deployment only to find out my...

Male stripper [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering how to become a male stripper do you apply like a Wal-Mart job or is there training involved. Is their a body type as well

Girlfriends a stripper [ 13 Answers ]

Ok well I'm 19 years old and my girlfriend is 26... well we've been having problems because she is a stripper... at first when she wonted to do it I told her I had no problem with it... but as it progressed I didn't like it anymore now its causing problems... weve been together a year and a half I...

View more questions Search