Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
    How to become Bulimic?
    I was wondering on how to become bulimic? I am a little over weight and I need to lose it, and I think that would be the easiest way to lose weight fast. I think I can control myself after I get to the point of where I want to be. I just can't remember what you do. Can anyone help me?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Sick, sick sick. Seems to me to be a very lazy person.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
    I run 3 times a week, and do other things to stay in shape. I am 6'3 236 lbs. I would like to be back to 200lbs. I try and I am so sick of it that I am ready to try anything like that.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 3, 2008, 12:10 PM
    You need to mix up your routine for starters. Your body is used to running and you need to do something you're not used to. Do you have a bike?
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 12:29 PM
    I don't have a bike. It would probably help wouldn't it? I just figured running and doing sit-ups and crunches would help a little bit, but I actually gained a little weight. I am tired of gaining and not losing.

Sep 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Just make sure you're mixing up your routine. That's something my trainer won't let me forget. Lol. You can't get into a routine with exercise and still get results.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
    OK. Thank you very much. I feel so stupid for my dumb idea. Thanks for your help!

Sep 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Not a problem! I can't imagine throwing up on a regular basis, I don't even like it when I'm sick! Lol
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Do you know that bullemic people generally lose their teeth (the acid when you throw up rots them out) and have a higher chance of dying from heart attack? The spasms can really tear you up inside.

Don't worry about being fat. Learn to be fit. Join an exercise class, take up cross country running or join a support group. Studies have proven that people do better when losing weight with the support of a group.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:17 PM
    That would help a lot. Thank you so much everybody. I just hate not being in the best of shape.
    Ziggy420 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 01:47 PM
    What is your eating habbit? U should be eating breakfast lunch and dinner no midnight snacks after dinner be done! Not having a good eating cycle can cause you to gain weight. Like for example not eating breakfast everyday and just eating lunch and dinner can cause you to gain weight. Sounds weird but its true! And limit yourself don't overload your plate. Also do you drink beer? Beer will make you gain a lot of weight as well
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Well, I drink about 20-25 beers over a weekend, but that's it. Probably doesn't help does it? I always skip breakfast and only eat lunch and dinner. That is exactly what you are saying not to do. Haha
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 01:54 PM
    You could not eat all week and that would not do anything but make you sick, nothing will help if you are drinking 20 plus beers a weekend, change that to 2 beers for the weekend and then exercise that off. Skipping breakfest is the worst thing you can do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Did you know that many bulimics are actually regular weight or slightly overweight? Yup, true story, and dumb idea.

Sep 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmangileri
    not a problem! I can't imagine throwing up on a regular basis, I don't even like it when I'm sick! lol

Areyouserious,
    I wasn't saying it to be insensitive. I was saying it because I don't like to throw up. You do?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Sep 4, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Hopefully you're not going to become bulemic..

It's like asking everyone "how can I become a drug addict?"

My little sisters friend died at the age of 14 because she vomitted so much (she was bulemic) that she burnt her esphogus so bad that she couldn't keep anything down.. she was 14!!

Don't do it to yourself
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Wow. The things I didn't know. Thank you!

Sep 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Thank you, plonak.
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Adam_89,

I have been bulimic only for a few weeks now. I am so desperate to loose a few extra pounds. I find myself vomiting at the very least 3 times per day. Almost every meal. It's quite disturbing, the thought of going to the restroom with 3 garbage bags to vomit. What a dread!

I usually pull over on the side of the road/highway and throw up. Or sneak to the restroom when no one is around and vomit. Or binge after excersise for an hour or so, on chocolate cake, soda, and all sorts of unhealthy foods. Then vomit.

What a dread, especially when I hate, for a lack of better words, to throw up. It's just disgusting!

However, I have slowed down just a bit, to regain control over this terrible measure to loose weight, and have lost about 2 pounds in 1 week.

I would not recommend anyone to choose this option.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I'm glad that the members here could shine some light on how bad this condition really is. The thing that I don't think was approached here. ADDICTION.

You find something that comforts you, makes you feel better. Puking after eating, or working out. You vomit and you feel skinnier, you feel prettier. This can easily become addictive. So, the assumption that you will be able to stop when it's "enough" isn't necessarily reality. I've seen it happen.

There are small changes that you can make to lose weight. What is your goal weight? Or perhaps goal clothing size? Replacing a daily soda with water. Replace a peiece of cake with a piece of fruit. It's amazing, I promise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop being bulimic [ 21 Answers ]

I am finally admitting to myself that I am bulimic and I need help. I have never told anyone this, or let anyone find out. It started a couple years ago as I was deperately trying to lose weight for my wedding.. well I did. I lost 35 lbs in 7 months. I told myself I would stop after the wedding,...

16 year old bulimic [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been bulimic for almost 2 years now. I have of coarse noticed changes in my body. However, lately, I have been experiancing pain in my sides. Kind of where your kidneys are, and it feels tender, it hurts when I put pants on. Is this normal for bulimics? Or does this have to do...

View more questions Search