Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neilRB Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Am unable to cut, copy or paste - can't clear clipboard
    My windows professional xp and outlook and word have all worked fine until now. Suddenly I can't cut, paste or copy. I have checked out other posts and they suggest clearing clipboard. But that section "Clear All" on clipboard is greyed out. None of the advice from mthe other answers help. Anyone out there who can help, please?
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Sep 2, 2008, 06:30 PM
    This is an ms article about it:
    Error message when you try to paste data into Excel 2003 during a Terminal Services session: “Cannot empty the clipboard”
    This is an easier to understand thread in another forum:
    HelpLine: Clipboard error
    neilRB Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Hey Cogs! Thanks foir the info. I looked for rdpclip.exe, but it was not in my Process Menu. However I did try pasting and copying, and miraculously they are working again. Maybe because I ran a registry clean tool yesterday. Anyway... thanks for the answer, and please call on me to help you if the need arises.

Neil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copy and paste! [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently purchased a new PC. (dell inspiron, windows vista)when I was with msn.had a different PC, I was able to copy pics, cartoons etc, and paste it into an email.I am now with verizon and am no longer able to copy pics , cartoons etc. all I get is the printed words.is there a reason for...

Unable to copy, cut or paste [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I checked another question here that was similar but it didn't help me at all. I tried to copy and paste something in Firefox last night and wouldn't let me, tried again this morning, assumed it was the site not the computer. However it will not let me copy and paste in paint, word or notepad...

Copy and paste [ 1 Answers ]

If I want to copy and paste something onto an email it doesn't take it. What am I doing wrong?

Copy and Paste [ 4 Answers ]

Before I bought a computer with VISTA I was able to copy and past almost anything from anyplace to my desktop or email. With VISTA I am unable to do that. Can you tell me if that is just the way it is with VISTA or is there some setting or other suggestion that can help me copy and paste. I...

Copy and paste [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can show me how to copy and paste a link onto my browser.I right click,it will show copy,select all in the box. What do I do next?:confused:

View more questions Search