Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muskrat897 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Payne vs. Carrier
    My Rheem system is on its last legs. The tech recommends Payne, which he says:confused: is the same as Carrier, but less expensive. A Ford is not a Lincoln, so how can this be true? Recommendations?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 05:26 PM
    The tech recommends Payne, which he says is the same as Carrier, but less expensive.

This is true. The tech did not lie to you.

The Payne equipment might not be as fancy and in many cases is considered a builders model but they work just fine and save $$$ to boot.
    muskrat897 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    The tech recommends Payne, which he says is the same as Carrier, but less expensive.

This is true. The tech did not lie to you.

The Payne equipment might not be as fancy and in many cases is considered a builders model but they work just fine and save $$$ to boot.
    So, what are the differences in order to price Payne $1000's cheaper? Thanks.
    hoseb2000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Advertising:eek:
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Is the warranty the same? Is the SEER the same? The payne may not have low pressure and high pressure safety to protect your compressor. Always compare apples with apples and then you may see the difference. One difference will be the noise while running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

How much does a Payne 13 SEER cost?

Trane vs. Payne vs. Carrier - Any suggestions. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I'm in serious need of a new a/c unit after ours died this past weekend. It was a 4 ton carrier, 9 seer, 14 years old. We've gotten 5 quotes & are seriously considering between 2 companies based on quality of prior installations (that's what I hear is most important, not price). All 3...

Payne or Amana [ 4 Answers ]

Need help in deciding which one to install Both are 3950.00 installed Payne - 14 seer, 4 ton, condenser unit, air handler, heat strip with no heat pump. Offering only a 5 yr warranty and will maintain unit for 5 years. Amana- 14 seer, 4 ton,condenser unit, air handler, heat strips (15KW),...

Heard of Payne? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home warranty plan which is paying to replace my 11 year old trane (numerous leaks in the a-frame coil system)... my cost is only $200 ($55 service call fee, and $144 for replacing the plywood surface area and something about a filter landing? For the new ac). That's the good news. The...

Payne Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas Furnace that works great until it is time for the blower to click on instead of coming on it clicks on and off once and a while it starts but only goes for a minute or two then goes back to clicking on and off can someone give me an idea of what this could be? Could my board be...

View more questions Search