Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Washing machine water comes up to the sink
    Help, every time use my washing machine and it is on the spin cycle the washing machine
    Water comes up through the sink. But if I am doing the washing up there is no problem the water run down quickly.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 23, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Hello Angela

You failed to indicate if this is a new installation, or an old one with sudden development of this problem.

If new : check HOW the drain hose of the washer is connected to the sink drain.

Is it just drain water coming up, or is it still frothy with lot's of foam on top?

If it's an old installation : how recent is this new development? What preceded this problem ? Any changes?

Is the tub draining completely BEFORE spinning starts?

Did you check the drain water filter of the washing machine? Perhaps it is slightly blocked. A normal thing to happen... Normally located at the front bottom section of the washer. Hold a floor clotch/mob around.

Please post here the replies to my questions, and let me know that by private message (just click on my name and follow the instructions). I will advice further here in this topic!

:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 03:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Hello Angela

You failed to indicate if this is a new installation, or an old one with sudden development of this problem.

If new : check HOW the drain hose of the washer is connected to the sink drain.

Is it just drain water coming up, or is it still frothy with lot's of foam on top?

If it's an old installation : how recent is this new development? What preceded this problem ? Any changes?

Is the tub draining completely BEFORE spinning starts?

Did you check the drain water filter of the washing machine? Perhaps it is slightly blocked. A normal thing to happen ... Normally located at the front bottom section of the washer. Hold a floor clotch/mob around.

Please post here the replies to my questions, and let me know that by private message (just click on my name and follow the instructions). I will advice further here in this topic!

:)
    It's best to be posting answers and responses to questions on the threads where the questions have been asked so that those with similar questions can be benefiting by the advice that has been given rather than that which has been communicated privately.

To do so by asking and answering privately, defeats the purpose of why this site exists.

Thank you.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Your drain is partially blocked. Washing machines have high volume discharge. Any obstruction in your drain will make it back up into your sink.

When using your sink, you are using only small amounts of water which is easily absorbed by your partially blocked drain.

You will need to "snake" your drain...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine draining into sink! [ 2 Answers ]

When I run my waher, the kitchen sink fills up with soapy water! It does not overflow but almost! My washer is obviously not draining correctly! Please help!

Water backing up from washing machine into kutchen sink [ 8 Answers ]

Last night, while the washing machine was on its rinse cycle, water began backing up through both sides of the kitchen sink.. The water was gray/ black.

No cold water to washing machine or kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my cold water tap in my kitchen has just stopped working. There is also no cold water going into the washing machine. I live in a block on the 3rd and top floor. All other taps are fine! Not sure what I shoud do?

Washing Machine Water In Sink [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I thought I'd draw a diagram of my problem as well as describing it! (Busy at work as usual! :D ) So, here is the setup; http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/JtotheBtotheS/kitchen.gif As you can see (hopefully), my washing machine drains into the outlet pipe of our kitchen...

Washing machine overflows into sink (and over) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a house that is more than 100 years old. Our washing machine is in the basement. About 30 feet over, we have a half bath. Whenever we run a large load, water drains out of the washing machine OK, but backs up into the bathroom sink, and eventually over the counter and onto the...

View more questions Search