Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juiceyka84 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Diarrhea for over a month now. What's going on?
    As I have stated in my last post, I have been having some bowel issues. For a month and a few days now I have had diarrhea almost everyday 5+ times a day (one day I had it 20 times). I have been to the doctor about this, and she collected a stool sample. (the one where its 4 tubes and they check for a lot of things) The test results have come back and said that everything is normal (that was a week and a ½ ago). I have still had the diarrhea since then. Sorry about getting graphic, but it looks greasy, mucousy, and looks like there is orange juice pulp in it (even though I haven’t drank oj in over 3 months or more). Here recently when I do go to the bathroom, while I am sitting down, I get the tingling sensation in my legs that you would feel if they were asleep. I also get this horrible feeling in between my belly button and pelvic bone. It feels like someone is twisting and tearing my insides up, which also will make me feel nauseous. Very often I will wake up in the middle of the night having to rush to the bathroom in fear of going in my clothing. This has also made me almost late to work many times. It mainly happens in the morning and tends to subside around 10:30am-3:30 or 4:00pm, then returns afterwards. I would go back to the doctor but I have just canceled my insurance, due to me getting ready to go on the insurance work is going to provide (a lot cheaper). This is becoming very disturbing and agitating seeing that it is interrupting everything in my life. Wherever we go I have to make sure there is a bathroom nearby or a roll of toilet paper in my purse (if we are 4-weeling or hiking). This has even interrupted my boyfriend and I’s sex life (which I am none to happy about):mad: . I am to afraid to be intimate with him in fear of having an accident in the middle of love making (talk about being embarrassed). I just don’t know what to do. I know that this is not a possibility because it is not healthy and I love food, but it has come to the point where I just don’t want to eat because I know what will happen. I would sincerely appreciate any advice or thoughts about what is going on with me.

God Bless and have a wonderful day :)

PS: I surprisingly haven’t lost any weight due to this.
    str33t punk Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Hey I am only 15 but I have had this same problem.. it is embarrassing to talk to others about and I give you credit for asking.. what happened with them was I always had to do it when I was in a car or something(that was when I had to most ofter) below my belly butten would just kill nad I would have to sit in the washroom in public places for a long time and I too would get a weird feeling I'm my legs but it was more of a jumpy feeling like I had a rush from cafiene.. I would like you to know with a drop in foods with sugar/grease and a lot of pepto bismol pills it went away in about a week or 2.. its verry awfull to have but I would like you to know it will go away

Aug 22, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Thank you str33t punk for responding. I will have to try that. It is very embarrassing. The feeling in my legs doesn't feel like a caffeine rush, it accually feels like I had been sitting on my legs and the fell asleep. I am just so confused and aggravated.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 10:31 AM
    You have to eat three proper meals a day with three each of vegetables and fruits. IN addition to daily exercise, you are better off not getting into situations that are over your head and cause anxiety.

Best wishes in the future, :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Have you been checked for Crohn's Disease? Ulcerative colitis? C. Diff?
    The symptoms you describe are similar to all of these diseases.

Aug 22, 2008, 12:27 PM
    I have only had the stool sample done to rule out things like parasites and such. The doctor was wondering if I had geardia (please excuse the spelling) because we have well water. She was also thinking it had something to do with the Lexapro she put me on (the problems started around that time, but I don't remember if it was before or after starting the lexapro) I do have hyperactivethyroid, on birthcontrol, was anemic years ago, and had H-Pilory years ago. I am only 24 years young and shouldn't be feeling this way. My mother has an allergy to wheat, bones of a woman 25 years older than her (she is 46), possible diabeties, hypothyroid, and the list goes on and on. I have also had headaches off an on, feeling extreamly tires, and very spacy. So you think I might possablly should get checked for those things you listed J_9?
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I would ask the doctor about testing for the disorders I mentioned.

Thank you for your description, although you may think it was too graphic, it was EXACTLY what I needed to come to these conclusions.

I also have to ask if you have been on any antibiotics within the last 6 months.

Aug 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I completely HATE taking medication. The only medication I have been on/taken in the past 6 months is my birthcontrol YAZ (which I love by the way, Bigger boobies), Lexapro for 3 weeks, and occasional Tylonol if I have a migraine, other than that no meds. I looked up the diseases that you mentioned, and the only one which had many of the common symptoms I am having was the Ulcerative Colitis. What I read was kind of scary, I am no medical professional so the lingo was a little overwhelming. J_9 is their anyway you can describe Colitis to me in non-medical professional term. I would so be apprecative.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Wow, I just typed a page and it disappeared, give me a minute, please.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Ulcerative Colitis involves the colon, what most people refer to as the intestines. It typically involves the large colon or intestine. The Ulcerative part comes in where there are ulcers, or tiny sores in the lining of the colon. It is a form of IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). The colitis means that there is inflammation of the colon.

Now, there is another disorder that I think may be more appropriate called Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Here is a link to IBS that is very easy to understand. What I need to know about Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Sounds like the doc is looking for this type: Cryptosporidiosis, as well as giardia. Check this: Cryptosporidiosis - CDC DPD

Aug 22, 2008, 01:15 PM
    J_9 Thank you so much for your responses and all your help. I will give my doctor a call on Monday (even though I can't go see her for another 2-3 weeks) and sudgest those things to her. I truly do appreciate your help.

Time for me to get away from the computer and leave work. Be back on later tonight or Monday.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 22, 2008, 01:16 PM
    People with a wheat allergy often helped by following a gluten free diet. "Going" more than once a day or even once every couple of days is not normal, that is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Crohn's is not curable lets hope you don't have that. The pectin in eating apples and pears is supposed to solidify the diarrhea, the bismol in Peptobismol is supposed to flush the baddies like bacteria or protozoa out of your system. Have they ruled out Salmonella?
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Have a great weekend.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    Have they ruled out Salmonella?
    Did I miss something? Are you having nausea, vomiting, fever and headache also? Salmonella would also be resolved in less than one month's time.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 01:31 PM
    You need to watch out for the change in insurance; the new carrier may deny coverage as a pre-existing condition. Find out before it lapses.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 22, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Really weird that she reports no weight loss. I was just thinking along the lines of polluted water, like a failing septic system affecting someone's well water. Salmonella germs in the dirty water, you drink it, wash your produce in it etc you keep reinfecting yourself
    Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    Really weird that she reports no weight loss.
    This is why I go with IBS or UC. There is minimal, if any, weight loss with these conditions.
    str33t punk Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Aug 23, 2008, 10:20 AM
    No problem:) hope it clears up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat has diarrhea [ 11 Answers ]

My cat has had diarehha for five days now. Otherwise she is healthy and eating properly. Is there a "home" remedy I can try for her before taking her to the vet?

Cat has diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I'm struggling and hope someone out there has experienced this and can offer some advice. Four weeks ago, I adopted a cat (1 year old ish) from the shelter. Since bringing her home she has had constant diarrhea. I'm not talking soft stools - I'm talking like passing water through her digestive...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

Diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I did not see a section for pets so I thought it would be okay to ask my question under "people medical conditions". My dog is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea and mucous covered stool off and on for about 3 months now. We have taken him to the vet 3 times and the first time it was Giardia, the...

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

View more questions Search