Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2004, 10:11 AM
    Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet
    I had to drain water from the house last night to fix a minor leak in a cold water line. Now, one of my toilets will not fill after it is flushed. It appears that there is an air lock in the line.

How do I fix this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 17, 2004, 10:31 AM
    Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet
    Hey Stuck, Let's get you unstuck. You don't have a air lock. What you have done is disturb mineral buildup or trash in you line and when the toilet was flushed it drew it up into the ball cock blocking the flow. Try this.
    Shut the water off at the angle stop uinder the tank. Remove the top of the float ball and arm assembly and place a pan over the top to avoid splash. Now turn the water back on and flush out the supply line. You should have a strong stream of water. If so you have fixed your problem. If not then the blockage is in the seat of the angle stop and the entire house must be shut down while you open up the angle stop, and if needed, flush that line out also. Good luck and if you have more questions please enter them on the plumbing page. Cheers, Tom
    rlwolfe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
    I am on city water. Late at night I turned on the faucet upstair and air was in the system. It bled the system, but some smelly black stuff was initially in the water and flushed out. The upstairs toliets also had air that bled out. Is this a problem with my system ar is it air and black stuff coming from the city water?
    jripleytrudell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 07:48 AM
    After I flush my main floor toilet I get a glug glug glug sound
    frankiedon53 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jripleytrudell View Post
    after I flush my main floor toilet I get a glug glug glug sound
    A GLUG,GULG.GULG,sound could mean that a vent is blocked.You may have to snake the vent closest to the toilet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Frankie.
    This is your last warning. If you can't respond to current questions I'll start deleting your posts, you haven't an answer a current question yet. Do you think the OP will wait seven years just to hear your answer? Try your best to stay current. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water air lock ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , I recently got a new bathroom suite , shower and kitchen sink fitted downstairs. The bathroom suite and kitchen went in OK without any problems but since the shower went in yesterday , there is very little water coming from the bathroom basin tap. This water stops altogether should I...

Water hammer/Air Lock Problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, When ever I turn on my hot water (basin) for the very first time for the day, there is no banging noise. However, after a few minutes after hot water is flushed out, when I try to turn on the hot water again, there is a loud banging noise. This only happens to my hot water and not the...

Air lock in cistern water line? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cistern supplying water to a mountain cabin. The cistern is full of water, but only a trickle comes out of the faucet in the cabin. It's a new installation and is far uphill from the cabin. Can an air lock cause this? How can it be fixed? BTW, there is a pressure tank in the water line...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

Air lock in bathroom water faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I just drained my hot water heater in an attempt (only partially successful) to eliminate the noise as the water heated. I now have one bathroom with no water (except for a bare dribble) either hot or cold. All other faucets are fine and this was not the faucet that I had turned on upstairs to...

View more questions Search