Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paradisebird Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Tenants in common
    MY daughter was included on the house deed as tenant in common, does she have to contribute on the property taxes? Insurance?:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 12:54 PM
    That is between you and her, if you are also on the deed.

There is no law as to who pays how much and the Assessor won't really care as long as it is paid.

If there is some type of default or arrears, you would both be equally legally responsible.

Aug 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Foreclosure and lien
    If I have a mortgage, and have another lien on my property, and I go foreclosure, does the bank pays the other lien that I have? How does this works?

Aug 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Deed and the courts
    If I want to take someone off my deed through the courts, what kind of reasons are acceptable?? (tenants in common)...

Aug 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Why my question was not answered:"? The similar questions does not match mine!! Thanks!
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2008, 02:05 PM
    If you have a lien, and the property is foreclosed on, the mortgage is paid off first and then any extra money is applied to the other lien. Now, if the property does not sell for enough to cover the mortgage, the person with the lien is out of luck on getting paid. But you will still owe the bank for the rest of the mortgage.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paradisebird
    Why my question was not answered:"? The similar questions does not match mine!!!!! thanks!

Possibly because no one understands what you mean by removing someone through the Courts as opposed to just deeding the property over to one of the people.

What are the circumstances?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
    MY daughter was included on the house deed as tenant in common, does she have to contribute on the property taxes? Insurance?:

All of OP's questions should be combined - without all of the info it is impossible to give an informed answer.

(I already answered, requesting more info, which I think I just found here.)

Aug 16, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Sorry if I didn't explain well. I want to remove someone from my deed, he is under tenant in common. He refuses to sign the papers to authorize his removal. I want to take him to court and see if the judge forces him to sign. He has nothing to do with this property, he was only added for circumstances( that is a long story), anyway, he does not leave on the property, does not contribute with anything (taxes, insurance) he is just a name in there... If I take him to court, I can not tell the judge, I want him off because... (and give a stupid excuse), what's acceptable in this case, in what circumstances the judge makes him to sign the papers?? I hope somebody can understand me now, (can you hear me now?? ) lol thanks for your help, if you can.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Sorry if I didn't explain well. I want to remove someone from my deed, he is under tenant in common. He refuses to sign the papers to authorize his removal. I want to take him to court and see if the judge forces him to sign. He has nothing to do with this property, he was only added for circumstances( that is a long story), anyway, he does not leave on the property, does not contribute with anything (taxes, insurance) he is just a name in there... If I take him to court, I can not tell the judge, I want him off because...(and give a stupid excuse), what's acceptable in this case, in what circumstances the judge makes him to sign the papers???????? I hope somebody can understand me now, (can you hear me now????) lol thanks for your help, if you can.

Yes, I can hear you just fine.

I don't see a Judge forcing this person to relinquish title to the property unless you buy him out. I'm surprised that the Attorney who prepared the original Deed didn't explain that a Deed is pretty much forever.

He's the co-owner and I can't see a Court ordering him off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

Can bank evict well paying tenants if tenants want to stay [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend from England and his family are leasing a home in Houston TX. He is a well paid man working for a oil company and (with British passports). Landlord fell sick and is about to foreclose the house and go bankrupt. My friend Martin loves to stay there to continue his tenancy (a...

Too many tenants [ 1 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment in my home to a single women for about 3 years. She has paid her rent on time one time. She is a nice women but has had numerous family members move in temporary (less than 6 months at a time). Recently her daughter and granddaughter has been staying with her when we...

Tenants in common [ 1 Answers ]

We have invested in a home, we refinanced and I am on the mortgage and need to be on the title (with a friend) I am pretty sure we need a tenants in common quit claim deed, but we are unsure how to word things so that it is know that we both own the house, but one party has taken equity out of the...

Tenants in common [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I are Tenants in Common via a gift from our mother. The property is paid for in full and has no home equity loans. I have an outstanding credit rating(800s). However, My sister has over extended herself and now creditors are threating liens and or judgements. My sister feels that...

View more questions Search