Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 08:44 AM
    How to acquire first commercial cleaning contract
    Hi
    I have been cleaning residential homes for over 17 years and would like to get into commercial cleaning. Real Estate/sales and property management along with new house contracts. I have joined the Chamber of Commerce, passed out a lot of business cards, brochures, specials etc. The question I have is what does it take to get the first cleaning contract? I have even offered to some companies a free clean for a commercial testimonial. I tried to kill two birds with one stone by doing this. It gives me commercial testimonials that I need and also shows the company what I can do and how fast I can do it. I have been in business for over 3 months but have been concentrating on getting my ducks in order first. Now I am ready and don't know where to start.
    I haven't done any cold calling as yet but think that might be my best bet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    nanc1430
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Go back on who you passed business cards out to. Did you get their business card so you have a record of who you saw or spoke to? Same with brochures. Then it isn't necessarily a cold call because you have already made contact.

No one in sales actually likes cold calls, but while going back on the ones you left cards with, etc. stop in and do double duty with some cold calling. And, always keep a record of who you talked to about your commercial business, then initiate a data base of all of these people so you will have the start of a good mailling list, then, send out a flyer offering a special discount for start up business.
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:24 PM
    It's so confusing as to what to do and not. I was told cold calling is the best way but only Tuesday through Thursday's. It's hard to get a hold of the contractors except for cold calling. I hate tele-marketers and don't want to be one. There has to be another way to achieve this. I have even called to ask them for their fax numbers and sent them a fax. I got three calls out of about 150.
    Thank you for your help. I will put this on my list of what to do.
    fafc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 11:07 AM
    You can go be severely fined for unsolicited faxes
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 11:24 AM

I never bothered with cold calling on the phone. I excelled with cold calling in person which is much more effective but really takes a lot of guts to get a foot in the door so to speak.

But... thank god I am not in sales any longer.
    Tick
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I never bothered with cold calling on the phone. I excelled with cold calling in person which is much more effective but really takes a lot of guts to get a foot in the door so to speak.

But.....thank god I am not in sales any longer.
    tick
    Because you are cute. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

Commercial Cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to price a commercial cleaning . How do I price ?

Commercial cleaning contract examples [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a new business doing a lot of my own leg work I'm trying to customize a contract specifically for my company where all I need to do is change the specs, I would like to be able to look at some sample contracts or blanks for comparison purposes can anyone help with that proposals as well ...

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

View more questions Search