Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyitscait Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Wisdom teeth stitches.
    I just had my two bottom wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. Yesterday I noticed a white patch on top of the gum and stitches on the left side. The stitches are on top of my gums and then go up my cheek a little. Just a few minutes ago I ate and then went to rinse my mouth out with warm saltwater and I noticed that most of the white patch is gone and the stitches that were in the side of my cheek are also gone. Now there is a little hole exposed. It doesn't hurt and it's not bleeding, but there is a little bit of blood on it. The stitches are supposed to dissolve in two weeks and it's only been two days!
    What should I do?
    Is the hole going to heal as a hole or will it close up by it's self?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 09:55 PM
    They are supposed to COMPLETELY dissolve in two weeks. Mine started disolving the same day when I woke up...
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Aug 2, 2008, 10:27 PM
    In addition, I had mine cut out (all 4 at once) and had holes for a long time but they do eventually close up so don't worry. Just continue to flush with warm salt water to keep food out of the pockets. If you begin to feel any pain make an appointment with your dentist, there is something they can put in the holes temporarily to lessen the sensitivity. That too will go away as it begins to heal. It all sounds pretty normal so far though I wouldn't worry.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Oh I hated having mine out...

I woke up in the middle or towards then end.. but they gave me more to relax me.

Every time I go under, I wake up crying and can't stop. I cried all the way home, until I was in bed... and passed out. I couldn't stop! Lol

I then had to go back a couple days later, cause I was in such extreme pain. I couldn't open my mouth very wide, so they gave my gums a shot to numb... and laughing gas and pushed medicated gaze in the sockets. I didn't have dry socket either...

I went back to have it removed, I still couldn't open my mouth and they gave me laughing gas so that I would loosin up. He removed the gaze and put some more in...

I went back and had the gaze removed. THANK GOD!! That stuff is nasty!! Loads of vicodin later... I was fine.

Apparently lol the doctor thinks "Your, just a big ball of nerves arent you!"

It felt like air was getting down into the sockets, and it just hurt sooo bad!
    I was sooo drugged up to! I remember crying every time I had to go there... I hate teeth doctors.
    Vision Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Sounds like you had a horrible wisdom teeth experience, and might possibly have a bad reaction to being put under.

I had a great experience. Didn't feel a thing, and have five teeth removed.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Ouch! Lol

Yea, they told me that most females wake up crying. I did not like having my arms tied down.

But even with my colonoscopy, I woke up crying..
    Vision Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 12:01 AM
    I didn't wake up crying... I didn't feel a thing
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Just keep rinsing with the salt water and finish your antibiotics. Relax! You are worrying too much!:)
    jada27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 03:59 PM
    OK so I had my wisdom teeth removed and I just recently got over the pain. On the other hand I have a hole in my cheak its large enough to stick the end of my pinky finger in it. It seems to be getting more large everyday. Ugghhh what do I do??
    Vision Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jada27 View Post
    ok so i had my wisdom teeth removed and i just recently got over the pain. on the other hand i have a hole in my cheak its large enough to stick the end of my pinky finger in it. it seems to be getting more large everyday. ugghhh what do i do????
    1. Start a post of your own if you have a question, please don't post on a question that was last answered three years ago. Thank you.

2. Call your dentist/oral surgeon and ask what the next step is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom teeth stitches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I just got my wisdom teeth out two days ago and I feel a little flap above the extraction site. It doesn't hurt or anything I just have no idea what it is. I have a feeling it is my stitches but how exactly do you know that? What does the stitches feel like when it is time for it to disappear?

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom teeth removal and stitches [ 5 Answers ]

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed on the 13th of this month and they put a stitch in each socket now the lower stitch has gone but the top one is still flapping about up there. My question is how much longer will it still be there its soluble and I'm still swilling with salt water but its...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

View more questions Search