Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:01 PM
    How did you make your child's 1st day of school special?
    How did you make his/her 1st day special?:D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 02:17 PM
    I let him dive into his chocolate cake and get it completely all over the place !
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Picture of the family and an easy to read note from home in the lunch box... :)
    Pictures taken of them at their classroom, with their teacher, sitting at their table or desk, etc..
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:48 PM
    I figured it was already really special, so I didn't do anything except take him to school, and ask him all about it when I picked him up. I know he must have picked up on my excitement.

My own my first day was memorable because one of the other kids cried and I thought she musts know something I didn't. :) (Was school a bad place? ) She and I later became close friends. But I'll never forget her father bringing her in crying on his shoulder. :)

Good luck with your son's first day.

A special photo or card in his snack or lunch, "I'm proud of you" and a hug when you pick him up. I wouldn't go overboard. Whatever you do will be great. :) He loves you.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Thanks for all your great ideas. Since I only have one child this occasion will only happen once.thats why I wanted it to be special
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:09 PM
    We made a big deal about back to school shopping, except it was
    "just starting school shopping".

My daughter had a great time picking out her own bookbag, lunch box, nap blanket, etc.
    Which made taking them to the first day of school fun for her.

I put a special note with a sticker and a Hershey's kiss attached to it
    In her lunch box so she would find it at lunch time.
    It was the first thing she mentioned when I picked her up from school so I put a note and something special in her lunch box everyday without fail
    And continue to do so till this day... shes in third grade:)

My son is starting school this August too... I'm going to do the same thing with him that I did with my daughter.

What ever you do I'm sure it will be great! Good luck for him!
    Have lots of talks about how fun school is going to be and I love the picture idea given by DoulaLC and Asking.

And don't forget to put a box of Kleenex in your car (for you of course);)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

After School Special? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember watching in the 80's. It was about a boy with red hair and a frog that sang "That's amore!" The boy was kind of a science geek. I think the frog came to life at the end... Anybody?

Would You Date A Teacher at Your child's School? [ 8 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone would date a teacher at their child's school?

Japan school special classes? [ 3 Answers ]

O.k. sorry if this one isn't in the right category. I have a question. To peruse my career I have to somehow some time go to japan. Now, I know I have to learn japanese but I'm just asking if they have special classes (like if your going there for high school or college.) that the teachers can...

Can a mother with joint custody change a child's school without permission? [ 1 Answers ]

My Fiancé has a four year old, and with permission from her biological mother we moved about 50 miles away because my fiancé got a better job. She also said that she could go to school down where we are. To determine the new schedule we decided to met halfway to drop her off on thursdays and her...

View more questions Search