Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Ghana passport and visa
    My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?
    cowboy48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Please Advise: What Does It Cost For A Ghana Citizen To Renew Their Passport?
    newlifebuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 09:03 AM
    My girlfriend lives in Ghana, how much does it cost to get a visa and passport for the USA. She says she needs a doctor's report and police report also and it will cost about $700. Is that true?

Jack
    smelofsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Some info for all:

I have contacted the US Consulate in Accra and they have told me of no such requirement for a medical or police report. They will also advise you if the person you are talking to has an "expired" US Visa or US Passport. You can send them the image and they will confirm whether it is fake or not.

Here is the answer I received from the US Consulate regarding a basic travel allowance for Ghanaians and how much a Ghanaian passport costs:

"There are no medical reports, examination, declaration fees, travel insurance, HIV tests, blood tests or vaccinations that are required for a Non-Immigrant visa." (for a US Visa)

"If a person would like to visit the US then they would need to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa. The only fee associated with this visa is a $100 non-refundable Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee which is to be paid at Standard Chartered Bank in Ghana." (for a US Visa)

"The only thing that the Ghanaian, who wants to travel, would need to get from Ghana Immigration Service is a Ghanaian passport. A Ghanaian passport generally costs about $11. There is no declaration fee or certain amount in a bank account that is required by the Ghana Immigration Service and/or the Ghanaian Government before a Ghanaian would be allowed to board a flight and leave the country."

I hope this helps.

Steve
    apollon35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielW
    My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can i help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?
    My girlfriend lives in Ghana, how much does it cost to get a visa and passport for the Turkey She says she needs a doctor's report and police report also and it will cost about $700. Is that true?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
    I can't confirm any cost for a Ghana passport but I know a visa to visit the US costs $131.00 exactly as of 2008, there is a second fee of $131.00 also for some sort of entry card but in any case this is speaking about entering the USA.

Please be aware, there is a very common scam where people meet men and women from Ghana and other places and they become girlfriends or boyfriends and one day the people in Ghana want to come visit. They then start to ask for money for visas, passports, bribes, airline tickets and all sorts of other costs.

This is a SCAM, they just want you money and once they stop receiving money they will disappear.

If you have not met these people in person before do not believe them.

No visa should cost $700 and no country requires visitors to have a medical report, there is no reason she needs a police report, there is no reason she needs money for bribes and I do not believe any country charges more than $100 for a passport.

Apollon35 I think you are being scammed, stop contacting this girl, she is acting like your girlfriend to get cash from you, same for most of the posts above I'm sure.
    Fridawsu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Hello
    I have a husband in Ghana and I can truly say yes there is a battery of things that need to be done.
    yes you need to seek a medical officer, get a police report, get x-ray done and medical exam, get shots to come to the U.S.
    The US embassy will give you a list of doctors for you to choose from.
    You must pay there fee and get the report in a sealed envelope and take to your appointment at the US embassy.
    I am not sure of the cost for everything, because things cost more there.
    I do recommend getting the list and to call around and see what the cost is and if the cost is about the same then you will know you are not being taken advantage of.
    I am american and I have been to Ghana and not everyone wants to take advantage of you. There are very good people there, and very decent people as well.
    I do know this because I am doing this now.
    Fridawsu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 12:03 PM
    If you have any questions go to the Ghana embassy web site or go to the U. S. A. web site called uscis.gov and you can get all kinds of information about what the U.S.A. requires and what Ghana requires.
    Also remember that coming to USA for a visit is much different then coming as a girlfriend or boyfriend, husband or wife, and even a fiancée. Both countries do require certain things to leave and to enter and all things must be done in order.
    Please do be careful of any scam, because they are out there from all countries.
    Just be very careful is all I ask for you.
    ahmed75gh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 10:53 AM

Yes is about $200 for passport
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 01:46 PM

Cost of obtaining Ghana Passport depends on case, normally it's $100 or $180 for missing old passport.

Ref: Ghana Emabassy, Washington DC
    koshercowboy2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 03:34 AM
    What is the price for someone from ghana getting a passport and visa for the usa
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 12:48 PM

This has been answered in this thead, just read the posts, it should be $131.00 for a visa and something like $30 to $100 for a Ghana passport.

Don't pay for someone to come visit you that you met on the internet, this is a very common scam, someone pretends to like you but really they just want you to send them a few hundred dollars and they will claim they used it to get a visa, passport and ticket to come see you. After they have your money they stop talking to you.
    icecream_man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by newlifebuddy View Post
    My girlfriend lives in Ghana, how much does it cost to get a visa and passport for the USA. She says she needs a doctor's report and police report also and it will cost about $700. Is that true?

Jack
    Yes sometimes it matters.they asked of medical report to know whether the applicant doesn't have any diseases.police report will also show that they don't have any police truck record and they can travel out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport [ 9 Answers ]

Hi What are the actual criteria for applying for a Portuguese passport. My grandfather was born in Portugal, and as such I would like to get my passport. I am specifically interested in: -exact documentation and criteria required -whether or not I need apply in Portugal, or must I apply in my...

Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am wanting to apply for a Portuguese passport as my father was half Portuguese and my Grandmother fully! Both of whom are deceased now! I know that I need a birth certificate to show proof of identity to claim a Portuguese passport, however, my dads says nothing about my mother...

Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I am going abroad in February and need to find out what steps do I take to change my passport to my new married name. I do not have much time to get this done since I just found out about this trip. Thanks for any information. PatS

Do I need a passport? [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Memphis, from Canada. Is there a law yet, to have to have a passport. We are going in March. Do I need to do this?

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search