Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Webrunner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Credit Card Debt, Statute of Limitations, Ontario
    Can anyone tell me what the statue of limitions is for credit card debt incurred several years ago in Ontario. If anyone can provide a Ontario Statue link it would be appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Even if I could find a website for you you wouldn't get anything out of it, honestly. I am including a link from our own forum from our resident expert. Just follow the complete thread to the bottom. I am not saying you can't Google it, you can try yourself. There are no definitive answers.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bankru...ada-22139.html
    Iknowalotofstuff Posts: 144, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 10:36 AM
    The basic limitation period in Ontario is 2 years if the debt was incurred or the last payment / written acknowledgement is after January 1, 2004. The previous limitation period was 6 years. A debt with the last payment or acknowledgment date prior to 01/01/04 would see six years end in December 2009. The Limitation Act can be found by going to www.e-laws. gov.on.ca. Use the alphabetical index... click on 'L"... go to the Limitation Act.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations on credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there is a statute of limitations on credit card debt in Manitoba, Canada, and if there is, does anyone know what it is?:)

Statute of Limitations on Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member, Café Racer. I have a question. I have been given different answers so I don't know which is correct. Statute of Limitation on Credit Card debt in MA is 6 years. So I was under the impression that that time was from when you opened the account. Then I was told that the...

What exactly is the statute of limitations on credit card debt in NY? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to find credible internet citations. Preferably ones whose content is written by law professionals in lay terms. Thank you.

Statute of Limitations on Credit Card Debt [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to ask limitations on credit card debt for Ontario. My daughter has this credit card debt back from 2003 (last time she made a payment). She is trying to clear up this debt now, so she called the lender. She gave them all her current info work etc etc. She advised them she would like...

View more questions Search