Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowandchicken Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 06:17 PM
    What's the difference between raped and molested?
    My friend said this man touched her genitals and stuff without her wanting too when she was really young.Was she molested?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Yes, anyone that touches a person without them wanting is molesting.
    Rape would require sex.

** I will add I am assuming you very young, and this is a good basic understanding, From a legal status, actual rape has specific meanings as written by each state law in the US. But if it is touching and not wanted ( or even wanted under a certain age) it is wrong and illegal.
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Jul 22, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Chuck is absolutely right. Molestation is everything up until penetration. Does she know who it is? Will she be willing to report him? She definitely should. I know a lot of people who feel that they are somehow resposible for what happened. If she does feel this way- make sure she knows that it's not her fault
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 07:55 PM
    I know your question is in regard to sexually oriented touching, but you should know that ANY time a person puts his hands on another person without permission, it is considered molestation. You can't touch people in any way without permission. Ever.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Genitals and stuff

If he inserted in part of his body or any type of item into any part of her body then it is considered rape.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 27, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Is your friend OK? I hope they are... its really hard emotionally to deal with being raped or molested. For me, its stuck... and I can be afriad of men or people I don't know.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:16 PM
    I know how that is, I freak out in dark places or where I'm not used to and a man approaches me.

Jul 29, 2008, 09:18 PM
    How do you deal with it?

Jul 29, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Well, I was raped 2 years ago. By a man off the internet, SO IM SUPER CAREFUL. WHo I meet.
    And, I am super sensitive to being held when Im upset.

I was also assaulted sexually, and slapped.

I feel confort in talking about my feelings. That really helps me, I like to keep others informed and support others. Keep busy.. and such.

BUT, I freak out when approached by someone I don't know. I carry pepperspray.. that gives me comfort.
    All in all, I won't let it happen again. I will fight to the end. It really has me messed up in some regards.. I stopped going to school for awhile.

Jul 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
    My friend would like to know where you got the pepper spray.

Jul 30, 2008, 11:40 PM
    My father bought it for me.. he actually bought me two things of it.

May I ask how old she is? Each state has different laws on how strong it can be... so look it up for your state.

He bought it at a store sort of like walmart.

I have these two..

http://www.spyassociates.com/images/358_00a.jpg (Pink one)

And

http://static.zoovy.com/img/888knive...fire_thumb.jpg

You have to be 18 or older to buy it.
    Mz818 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Molestion is when someone touches you in an inapproiate spot and you don't want them to. Rape is actually when someone has SEX with you without your approval!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was molested as a child, would it still be right to tell my parents? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi My name is Sarah, When I was a little girl, about 4 my mother moved in with her boyfriend "Brian". Things were all right at first but as time passed on he began to abuse me physically and mentally when my mother was at work. He would mostly beat on my older brother who stood up for himself....

Lied to my boyfriend about being raped.wasn't raped at all.what do I do? [ 45 Answers ]

Well, I told my boyfriend a little back ago that I was raped by my mother's boyfriend, but I was never raped in the first place... the guy never even touched me. I felt like he was ruining my life (since it was the first guy my mom started seeing after my mom and dad divorced). So, I wanted him...

Before I get RAPED [ 8 Answers ]

:( Before I ask you all this I have to give you some info.I hve known this dude since I was like 10 yrs. His sister my best friends . They are like my second family. One day in December I slept over at her house. It was me, her ,the brother, and our guy friend.well me and my friend went to bed in...

Raped and now boyfriend wants to have sex [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 15 and may of 2007 I was raped by an older man. I pressed charges and he's in jail now. I had a real struggle getting over it and I'm not 100% okay but I'm starting to go out with my friends again and I'm able to have a good night sleep.But I'm in a relationship with this guy who really wants...

View more questions Search