Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 08:23 AM
    What causes apples to rot on the tree?
    I have a large apple tree that is loaded with apples this year. However, they are getting rotten before getting ripe. They seem to be getting rotten from the center out. I have picked several that are just getting ripe and some of them have a spot that is soft, but doesn't look rotten. But when I cut them open the inside is pretty much rotten. I've never had this problem before and am stumped. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Over watering can cause that or bugs

Jul 17, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Over watering can cause that or bugs
    Thanks for your input. I haven't done any watering to the tree, only what mother nature provides, and rain has been in rather scarce supply this year! Not sure about the bugs, though.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 17, 2008, 10:44 PM
    I'd think overwatering would be seen in leaves before fruit developed... The only thing I can think of is insects - prob something that enters when they are just forming. But I can't tell you what. You might try your local agricultural extension ofice (check phone book if can't find it online.)

-

Jul 17, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVHiflyer
    I'd think overwatering would be seen in leaves before fruit developed... The only thing I can think of is insects - prob something that enters when they are just forming. But I can't tell you what. You might try your local agricultural extension ofice (check phone book if can't find it online.)

-
    Good idea, I'll give them a call in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worms ruining my apples [ 3 Answers ]

I live in aurora, co... I have two apple trees in my yard and every year most of the apples have little worms in them, and they end up ruined, how can I get rid of these worms and is it too late to do anything this spring... thanks in advance

What is the net force on a 1-N apples after you release it from above your head? [ 1 Answers ]

The question was: What is the net force on a 1-N apple when you hold it at rest above your head? What is the net force on it after you release it? Obviously, when you hold it at rest, the net force is 0. x__x I know this is a pretty simple question, so I'm sorry to bother all of you with it,...

Apples for all [ 2 Answers ]

Fruit Stand A man is driving down a country road when he sees a sign, "Apples $5.00 each." Intrigued to find out why an apple should cost that much, he stops and asks the farmer why the apples are so expensive. The farmer says, "These are special peanut butter and jelly apples. Here, try...

No more apples please [ 2 Answers ]

We have an apple tree, I'm not sure how old it is, it was here when we purchased our home. It has a deck built around it, yes, it is right in the middle of our deck. I do not necessarily want to rid ourselves of the tree and the shade, but I do want to rid myself of the apples that fall all over...

View more questions Search