Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pazam Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Can food poisoning lead to appendicitis?
    Over the long weekend myself, my boyfriend, and several of our friends attended a few barbeques. For the next few days following the last one, four of us developed symptoms that seem to be either a stomach bug or food poisoning. We were leaning towards food poisoning due to the sudden onset of the symptoms (fine one minute, then violently ill the next). So when I developed a stomachache and bad diarrhea yesterday morning, I figured that I was just falling victim to it as well. I stayed hydrated and by today the diarrhea was gone. However, I am left with abdominal pain that won't go away. Normally I would think nothing of it since I was sick just yesterday. But what makes me slightly nervous is the fact that the pain is only around the belly button and on the lower right side. I know that it was definitely either a stomach bug or food poisoning since others around me were sick with similar symptoms too. But can something like food poisoning lead to appendicitis? Should I be worried, or should I just assume that these are pains associated with being sick and that it is pure coincidence where they are located?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Can you ask people that also went to the same picnics if they were/are having problems?
    pazam Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
    That's why I'm slightly nervous... everyone's symptoms have cleared up. I seem to be the only one with this lingering abdominal pain on the right side.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Since others did have symptoms then you should go to the hospital and see what they say.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 01:38 PM
    OR you could be getting appendicitis and it just happened to hit when others were getting sick. When in doubt a good visit to your doctor is never a bad idea

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parakeet with lead poisoning? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Hey everyone!I'm dealing with a serious situation. I have two parakeets, a girl and a boy. However I never raised parakeets before and I'm concerned because not only have my birds been fighting every five seconds but my girl parakeet turned black the other day and then green again. Also...

Could it be appendicitis? [ 4 Answers ]

Can appendicitis come and go? My daughter has had the same symptoms of appendicitis a couple of times (like 1 or 2 times a month)for the past couple of months, she get a sharp pain that almost takes her breath away, on her lower right side of her stomach it gets sore to touch then it will just...

Can a tree get lead poisoning? [ 1 Answers ]

I guess I'm maybe the only person who actually likes mulberry trees. I have one on the edge of my property that is turning a sickly yellow color. It has been hit in the trunk in several spots by lead buckshot or birdshot by deranged neighbor. (I purposely grow the trees a little thick on his side...

I am 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I think I have food poisoning [ 6 Answers ]

My question is can it effect the baby? Yesterday morning I had 2 breakfast burritos from mcdonalds. When I was eating I told my husband that it tasted funny.. but I figured that it must be because I was a little congested and when I have nasal congestion everything tastes funny, well anyway,...

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search