Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David Hooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:41 PM
    How much does a 3.5 ton Carrier compressor cost?
    My air conditioner is broken. What is the cost for a 3.5 ton Carrier compresssor with freon?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
    It really depends on where you are located. My advice would be to get several quotes from reliable contractors. Usually you are better off replacing the whole condensing unit, most compressors only come with one year warranty, and for a few hundred dollars over the compressor cost, you can buy a whole new unit.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:45 PM
    It can cost from $600.00 to $1200.00 to replace compressor,, according to where you are and who does it,, like the man said,, how much more to replace the whole unit,, and all will be new with full warranty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of a 3.5 ton compressor [ 4 Answers ]

My air conditionaing unit booklet includes three different reference numbers. They are as follows: 38CKB(N), 38CMB, 38BRB Split-System Air Conditioner. Do the numbers represent the furnace, top floor unit, and bottom floor unit? If so, what number would I use to locate the unit that needs the...

Carrier heat pump, outdoor unit fan will not rotate and hum comes from compressor(?). [ 5 Answers ]

HI, This relates to the outside carrier heat pump unit. Symptoms are: the unit is receiving the signal to turn on from the inside thermostat. The contactor clicks closed (audible). There is a humming sound. I think in is the compressor. The large fan on the outside unit does not rotate. I...

Carrier central a/c compressor starts and immediately stops [ 10 Answers ]

My Carrier 38CKC central a/c unit stopped cooling during the recent high-90's weather. The fan on the external unit runs when the thermostat is set to turn the a/c on, and the compressor sounds like it tries to start for a second, but then it immediately stops. It tries again to start about every...

Labor cost to replace air compressor [ 2 Answers ]

The air compressor on my air conditioner has gone out and needs to be replaced. It is a Goodman Manufacturing Model #CLJ30-1A. The part is still covered under warranty but the labor is not. What is a reasonable price to pay for labors costs to replace the compressor? Thank you!

Cost of compressor contactor [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a quote to have my compressor contactor( I hope this is the right spelling ) replaced for my heat pump/ac. I would like to know if this is a reasonable quote. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks, John

View more questions Search