Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbansoul17 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
    What's the difference between l-Glutathione and Glutathione?
    I want to start taking Glutathione 500 capsules, but should I take Glutathione or l-Glutathione and are they effective?
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 06:16 PM
    I woul also like to know the difference between the two! If u know please answer
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2008, 08:19 PM
    I am somewhat interested as well and considering the Dr James 1000mg Glutathione pills.
    Best regards
    mrafiquemalik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 02:48 AM
    I woul also like to know the difference between the two! If u know please answer
    LivingWell4U Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 12:27 PM

Hello;

I am a glutathione educator, and would be happy to answer your question.

Oral glutathione, L-Glutathione, and reduced glutathione are all the same thing. They are all glutathione pills. All are ineffective in raising glutathione levels. Save your money. Learn more here, including direct link to PubMed study backing up this statement:

A Glutathione Pill - What Is It, And Can I Take It To Raise My Glutathione?

If you want to raise your glutathione values, find the best ways here:

How To Raise Glutathione - What Are The Best Ways?

This information is based on Dr. Jimmy Gutman's bestseller "Glutathione - Your Key To Health." He is the world's most published author on the subject of glutathione, and I am privileged to be a colleague of his.
    ModelUK Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 04:57 PM

Hi hunny x I think that all glutathione is reduced. There is no such thing as a non reduced form of glutathione. If you take glutathione on its own it won't have the skin lightening effect. Take two or three tablets a day along with alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C.

Please research it, so you know how much to take. Depending on what shade you are now it shouldn't take long to work. But it doesn't happen overnight.

There are people on here who say it doesn't work, but that's because they didn't take it with the vit C and alpha lipoic acid capsules. I am from the uk and I'm living proof that this works. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask x
    LivingWell4U Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2010, 06:34 PM

ModelUK,

It's nice to meet you. Your experience is very interesting, but entirely explainable based on what I have seen in the medical studies. Follow along with me as I explain:

The link I provided above for how to raise glutathione lists the co-factors, which must be taken along with your selected method of raising glutathione, and these factors are Selenium, B1, B2, B6, B12, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. A good multiple should cover this.

Alpha lipoic acid, as you suggest, is also a way to raise glutathione that is covered on this page. There are others too, like melatonin, silymarin, undenatured whey protein, and N-acetyl-cysteine, all with varying degrees of efficacy and safety.

The co-factors are necessary regardless of the method of raising glutathione used. So you need the proven method and the co-factors.

This will make proven methods for raising glutathione work more effectively.

I have not seen published research backing up what you say regarding oral glutathione being effective when combined with alpha lipoic acid and Vitamin C.

If you are taking a good quality multiple along with alpha lipoic acid, this alone will raise your glutathione levels without the glutathione pills. So yes, you are getting results- from the Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic Acid alone.

If you have found research to back up what you say on PubMed, can you please direct me to those studies?

If I find published research that backs up your statement, this would be very interesting to me, as I have not heard this particular assertion before. I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Either way, I am glad to hear that you are benefiting from the many benefits of raised glutathione through Lipoic Acid and co-factors. Glutathione has many benefits that go way beyond skin lightening, as I am sure you have found out.

Good health to you! :)
    sandwort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
    From http://www.vrp.com/antioxidants/glut...er-antioxidant

By Ward Dean, MD

I used to think that oral glutathione was destroyed in the stomach, and was not effective in raising glutathione concentrations. However, Dr. Steve Edelson, of the Edelson Center for Environmental and Preventive Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, kindly sent me a number of articles that convinced me otherwise. These articles demonstrated that about 80 percent of oral glutathione is absorbed intact, and that the blood levels remain elevated for about three hours (Fig. 6).23-26

23. Hagen, T.M. Aw, T.Y. and Jones, D.P. Glutathione uptake and protection against oxidative injury in isolated kidney cells, Kidney International, 1988, 34:74-81.
    24. Hagen, T.M. Wierzbicka, G.T. Sillau, A.H. Bowman. B.B. and Jones, D.P. Bioavailability of dietary glutathione: Effect on plasma concentration, Am. J. Physiol, 1990a, 259: G524-G529.
    25. Hagen, T.M. Wierzbicka, G.T. Sillau, A.H. Bowman. B.B. Aw, T.Y. and Jones, D.P. Fate of dietary glutathione: Disposition in the gastrointestinal tract, Am. J. Physiol, 1990b, 259: G530-G535.
    26. Vincenzini, M.T. Favilli, F. and Iantomasi, T. Intestinal uptake and transmembrane transport systems of intact GSH: Characteristics and possible biological role. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 1992, 1113:13-23.
    naruto1.0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Comment on ModelUK's post
    How do you take the tablets alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C?do you mix the tablets with the alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C?
    Please help me :))
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 6, 2011, 02:06 PM

This thread is from 2008!!

Closed!

If you would like to start a new discussion, or have a new question, please start your own thread!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About L-glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

Do l-glutathione capsule or pills really lightning skin,please let me know before I waste my money.and do it matter what brand the l-glutathione is.thanks.

Where can I buy L-Glutathione? [ 39 Answers ]

There is a lot of website that sells L-Glutathione and I don't know where to buy it from. I want to know what is the best website to buy it from? One that sells the real product!! No FAKES! Please let me know Thanks!

L-Glutathione [ 27 Answers ]

There Is So Much Confusion Surrounding The Effectiveness Of L-glutathione As A Skin Lightener And So Much Conlicting Information That I Think It Is About Time That Those Who Claim To Have Had Result Provide Us All With Photographic Evidence In The Form Of Before And After Photos. If They Are...

Difference between L-glutathione and metathione [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between L-glutathione and metathione? What is the most effective brand name of both L-glutathione and metathione? :) :) :)

Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

Can you recommend a less costly but potent glutathione brand? Have you heard of its adverse effects? What about the lead content in magic creams? What are its adverse effects?

View more questions Search