Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fullofworry Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Cut on Penis (Infection)
    I was masturbating, when I noticed a stinging pain, I than noticed I had a little bit of dry blood on my fingers. It wasn't a lot and had stopped bleeding, it was coming from that little bit that joins the foreskin to the penis. I struggled to really see any wound but it was a little red.
    I either cut myself with my nails or pulled the foreskin back a bit too far.
    MY QUESTION, is there a risk of infection or anything else?
    How long would it take to get infected or anything else?
    How will I tell if its infected or anything else?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Believe me, if it gets infected, you'll know, there won't be any doubt. Go to the doctor if you are concerned, but it sound to me like you are just being a bit too rough with yourself. I'm not a doctor, or a nurse, so this is just my opinion. Best to go get professional one on one advice about this.

Good luck.
    medivac Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
    If it gets infected you will know. If its just a little place on the skin where you pulled the foreskin back too far then you should be OK if you keep it out of dark places for a few days. However you are in luck because the penis has lots of blood flow which helps it heal quicker. Just keep the area clean.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Rough sex ?/ I guess you can wear a plastic glove to have "safe sex"

But yes if infected you will know it, there are various ointments that you put on cuts, just put some on it, ( gently, not back and forth)
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Even if the scratch does not get infected, you may have a lot of soreness in the lymph nodes located in your groin. Clean the scratch at least twice a day with soap and water. Dry it carefully and apply an antibiotic cream like neosporin. Drink only plain water for a couple of weeks and leave yourself alone until completely healed. Drinking only water keeps your kidneys flushed and will help the soreness in the lymph glands.

Jun 28, 2008, 11:57 PM
    But is there anything that can happen that's a big deal?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Yes, an infection in that area is difficult to treat and you would need doctor's care. Infections can be deadly if left untreated. I'm not trying to scare you, and I am not a doctor. I have dealt with things like this and generally, you heal with no problem. But if you notice that you aren't healing or have red streaks and tenderness, you should see a doctor or qualified medical person. Most infections are caused by dirt in the wound. Cleanliness is very important.

I wish you good luck on this.

Jul 9, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Its been two weeks now, should it have gotten infected by now if it was going to?
    Am I safe now?

Jul 9, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Its been two weeks now, should it have gotten infected by now, if it was going to?
    Am I safe now?

Jul 10, 2008, 06:04 AM
    It doesn't hurt. Just I feel a little discomfort when weeing, not pain just a small feeling (might be normal might have just noticed it now).
    But two weeks is along time without masturbating, so I decided to. When I came it hurt a little, but than a few minutes later it started to burn. So I had a shower and it felt better. So I'm thinking that the cut (which is just outside the hole not on the skin) is burning a bit with acidic liquids. But its nothing to worry about right? Could it still get infected?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:17 AM
    If it's been 2 weeks... it should have healed by now.

Whenever you take a shower, soap and water.

Aug 6, 2008, 07:39 AM
    This might of happened again. (Im not sure)
    I don't want treatment advice just please answer these 3 questions.
    1. How long would it take to get an infection if I cut the tip of the penis or just inside the hole
    2. What signs would I get if I got it infected
    3. How long would it take to heal
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Keep your nails clipped short ans wash your hands and use some lubricant and maybe it won't happen again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Penis infection? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there I think I have an infection to my Penis, just to point out I have never had sex I am still a virgin. I have some yellow/white dots (like even flakes) appearing on my penis on the surface, not on the actual head but just underneath there. It never hurts and I have never had...

What causes a penis infection? [ 6 Answers ]

My fiancé got a penis infection but he has no idea what caused it. Can you tell me the things that cause a penis infection so we can find out what he might have did?

Penis infection [ 1 Answers ]

Okay to first start things of I'm a virgin. The problem that I have is that I have these white bumps kind of looks like pimps around the head and also small bumps on the head. Can anyone tell me how I can cure this?

Penis Infection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me as I don't no as wots wrong with my penis, it started feeling itch and I itched it and then the next day the forsking tip got very dry and had some white stuff on it and when I tried pulling the forskin it got very painful and I got small cuts which wer burning and under the...

Penis Infection? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok here's the story... this probably started a day after masturbation 4 weeks back... at first the tip of my foreskin got very very dry/red... after a week or two this passed and my foreskin went back to normal... but... the head of my penis under the foreskin looks a little red on the sides... and...

View more questions Search