Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamasgirl4ev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 12:18 AM
    How do I contact my mother who recently passed away?
    I just lost my mom/best friend 5 weeks ago. She wasn't religious but very spiritual. She had visits from close family members who had passed away, including my sister who died at 8. Although her death was very unexpected, I had talked to her beforehand about visiting me in her afterlife. Does anybody believe in this or know how I can be contacted by her? It must sound crazy asking but I am desperate to talk to her again and to ask her how and why and just to hear her words of wisdom one more time.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 26, 2008, 01:56 AM
    This doesn't sound crazy at all! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Try talking to her, and ask her to send you a sign or signal, or ask her to come to you in your dreams, and talk to you. Don't worry if this doesn't happen right away, just keep on talking to her. Look for the little signs she may send you, no matter how insignificant they may seem. When you see them, ask her to send another, so you know that she is still with you in spirit, watching over you, and protecting you. Be patient, and just know that she hears you, and is still with you.

God Bless!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
    A friend of my son's died in January. He kept bringing us strange things like coins and small screws and hiding some of our small objects. He certainly made his presence known in many ways.

Your mom will most likely come to you in a dream. You may or may not be able to talk to her and vice versa. My mom came to me in a dream but the first time she was only able to hold her her arms out as to hug me. You can also speak to her either in your mind or outloud if you are alone. She will hear you.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 27, 2008, 05:09 PM
    I feel that it's very wrong to try and contact the deceased. They may be very busy or occupied in manners we cannot understand. It would be better if you allow you mom to contact you. She will, when she either wishes or is able. Disturbing her isn't the best way to go. Calling her name especially when ringing a bell, is wrong. As I said, let her decide when contact is to be made.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasgirl4ev
    I just lost my mom/best friend 5 weeks ago. she wasn't religious but very spiritual. She had visits from close family members who had passed away, including my sister who died at 8. Although her death was very unexpected, I had talked to her beforehand about visiting me in her afterlife. Does anybody believe in this or know how I can be contacted by her? It must sound crazy asking but I am desperate to talk to her again and to ask her how and why and just to hear her words of wisdom one more time.
    I am very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find great comfort during this time of mourning and sadness. Prayer to God is always the best thing in a situation such as this. Also, pray for your dear mother daily as prayer for those who have passed on truly helps them to elevate into higher dimensions of God's Light. Be comforted to know that your mom Still Lives! She may have shed her physical body but now lives in her Spiritual Body for eternity! She is still with you in spirit!

You may also find the following websites interesting and along these lines.

After-Death Communication - Prayer Wave

How to Make Contact with Your Loved One

Bill and Judy Guggenheim - after-death communications

Interested in the November presidential election? Just Say No Deal!

http://justsaynodeal.com/

Power of Puma: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com
    mamasgirl4ev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Thank you to all who answered. I do talk to her out loud and in my head. She has left one sign of her presence that was totally awesome. My sister was playing around and saying she couldn't make it to my wedding that is coming up. She had teased Mom about that the week before she passed and she told my sister to knock it off and that she WAS going to my wedding. Well my sis was sitting next to her boyfriend on the outside of a make shift shelter Dad put up and me and Dad were under it. She started teasing again the way she did with Mom and out of no where a gust of wind blew through and dumped like 5 gallons of water on Sis. It didn't get her boyfriend or her dog at her feet... just her. Dad promptly said "I think your mother just told you, again."
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 1, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Thank you to all who answered. I do talk to her out loud and in my head. She has left one sign of her presence that was totally awesome. My sister was playing around and saying she couldn't make it to my wedding that is coming up. She had teased Mom about that the week before she passed and she told my sister to knock it off and that she WAS going to my wedding. Well my sis was sitting next to her boyfriend on the outside of a make shift shelter Dad put up and me and Dad were under it. She started teasing again the way she did with Mom and out of no where a gust of wind blew thru and dumped like 5 gallons of water on Sis. it didn't get her boyfriend or her dog at her feet...just her. Dad promptly said "I think your mother just told you, again."
    That is soooo sweet honey! Your sis better watch out with her teasing then! Mom will see to it, ;) See, your mom is watching out for you. She's still there and seeing everything you do. She will be at your wedding in spirit, being a proud mom! Honour her at your wedding, and she will be there to share in your first wedding dance, and even to guide her grandchildren when you have them. Take pleasure in the small things that happen, that remind you of her. It is probably her trying to tell you that she is doing just fine, and wants you to be happy too!

God Bless you, and good luck with your upcoming wedding! Your Mom would want you to celebrate and she will be watching.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2008, 03:25 PM
    She will come in her own time.It could be soon or it could take a while.One women claimed she hasn't been visited until 10 years after her fathers death.Don't be discouraged.Just talk to her and keep an open mind.Sooner or later she'll come.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 07:31 AM
    I just lost my mom/best friend 5 weeks ago. she wasn't religious but very spiritual. She had visits from close family members who had passed away, including my sister who died at 8. Although her death was very unexpected, I had talked to her beforehand about visiting me in her afterlife. Does anybody believe in this or know how I can be contacted by her? It must sound crazy asking but I am desperate to talk to her again and to ask her how and why and just to hear her words of wisdom one more time.

I know how you feel mamasgirl, having lost my own dear mum not long ago.
    There are no words right now that will ease your pain, but trust me when I say she is around you as we speak... Talk to her,as you go about your daily life as though she was right next to you, because you cannot see her does not mean that she is not there.

I go to Mum's resting place and fill her in on the latest gossip, TV soaps,just talk to her about normal things, perhaps you could try the same,it really does help.

The feeling is one of comfort and peace,if I am worried about something I ask her opinion, and as strange as this may seem an answer will come to me,it's almost like her energy is concentrated there and I'm able to connect with her... if that makes sense.

Yes I do believe they can be contacted, through reputable mediums, it 's whether you should go along that path... it's obviously your choice, but I believe that when things are right... maybe some time has passed or whatever it may be, your Mum will come to you quite naturally.

Just think of your mum as moving next door... cause you will see her again, she's just gone a little earley that's all...

Blessings
    CHSaint Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Sorry for your loss. You may not like this answer but prayer is the only true authentic way to "talk" with our loved ones. The voices, answers etc. are whispers in our heart that are there forever-just a breath away. Try it and you will feel an overwhleming sense of peace. Blessings to you.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 09:05 AM
    This question is right up my alley, as I just lost my mother on July 25th. This Monday August 25th at 9:22 pm will be the 1 month annivarsy of her death. I have been praying and crying to her, asking her to show me a sign that her Spirit/Soul is still alive. But have not received any sign. I was talking to her at the funeral parlor over her body, asking her to show me a sign any sign, blow in my ear, touch me, move something, anything, but nothing happened. And also I have been hoping that she would come though in dreams.

The Holy bible says in the old Testement, that the Dead know nothing, as their conscienceous has been wiped out and so has their memory. They sleep for 1,000 years which is a Body-Soul Sleep until Christ rises the dead. They said the living know that some day they will die, but the dead do not know they are dead. I was hoping that it was wrong, but so far it has been right. Even my Dad who died 21 years ago, I have been trying to connect with him and so far nothing, not even a message from my so called spirit guide or guardian angel that we are supposed to have? Who knows, all I know is am disappointed as hell and my Grief is growing stronger everyday as I miss her so much. I was hoping her Spirit was alive, and that she can prove it to me, But I cannot see her, I cannot feel her, and I cannot sense or dream of her, therefore she is gone body and soul.

In Sorrow & Despair
    Donna
    kuando Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 09:03 PM
    I am so sorry, my mother pasdaway two months ago, I want hear her voice one more time or see her one more time. Where is my mother. You are not crazy and I am not crazy we love our mother so much . After she pasdaway life is meanless for me. I miss her so much, my doctor said write a letter to her, write what ever you want. I miss her such a crazy
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kuando View Post
    I am so sorry, my mother pasdaway two months ago, I want hear her voice one more time or see her one more time. where is my mother. You are not crazy and I am not crazy we love our mother so much . After she pasdaway life is meanless for me. I miss her so much, my doctor said write a letter to her, write what ever you want. I miss her such a crazy
    It is one of the saddest and hardest things we'll go through.

I am sorry you lost you mother. The pain will ease in time.

I lost mine many years ago and still would give almost anything to hear her voice,
    And tell her I love her one more time.
    mike4uk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
    I lost mine sorry to hear about yours.. . you can contact her using your mobile (no joke) if your mobile has voice recorder on it then all you do is talk and leave silence for her to answer you. Then you play it back and you should hear her trying to contact you. Better still, download Wavepad and transfer the audio file to your PC then you can applify it. You will be surprised, I was. You have to train your ears and listern hard. . Good luck, mike
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
    Since a phone is designed to pick up energy and "translate" it to speech , and we are bombarded by energy from radio stations , satellites, the Sun , all the different galaxies just to name a few,.
    The chances you will hear something trying the cell phone method of EVP are good!

The chance it is from a spirit or entity is very very small and that you are really hearing words even smaller, and that it is an actual response to a question... almost nil.

I have encountered electronic voice phenomena before and I am skeptical that it is really "words" I heard and not hearing sounds that are similar and reading in things that are not really there.
    dawn stango Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I do that ever day my mom and brouther pass to
    alwaystnj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
    I don't know.. I'm 22 my moms been dead for 6 years and I don't think I've had any signs of her contacting me.. I've had two dreams of her with in 6 years and they didn't make sense.. in my dream>>>>"my mother came back to life after being dead" after that her and I were just sitting on her porch swing talking like every thing was normal then my twin sister and our best friend came walking through the front yard begging me to walk to the river "clear across our lil town" and go fishing I said no I didn't want to well my mom made me walk to the river and go fishing with them.. that was the end of my dream.. I really don't think that was her coming to me.. I think that was just some stupid dream that made matters worse for me being she had been dead in the dream then came back to life.. weird and messed with my mind a little bit. what do you people think of that? Would love to know
    SunStar117 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. It's a loss that will always be with you. My mom passed on march 30th this yr. I know this sounds silly but I went to a spiritualist her name is Pat. You can email her at
    [email protected]. She has helped me and I do feel better.
    SunStar117 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Please see my answer I posted today May 31, 2012. Pat has helped me. I am a Christian and believe that some people God has given a gift to help us.

Quote Originally Posted by In Sorrow View Post
    This question is right up my alley, as I just lost my mother on july 25th. This monday august 25th at 9:22 pm will be the 1 month annivarsy of her death. I have been praying and crying to her, asking her to show me a sign that her Spirit/Soul is still alive. But have not received any sign. I was talking to her at the funeral parlor over her body, asking her to show me a sign any sign, blow in my ear, touch me, move something, anything, but nothing happened. And also I have been hoping that she would come though in dreams.

The Holy bible says in the old Testement, that the Dead know nothing, as their conscienceous has been wiped out and so has their memory. They sleep for 1,000 years which is a Body-Soul Sleep until Christ rises the dead. They said the living know that some day they will die, but the dead do not know they are dead. I was hoping that it was wrong, but so far it has been right. Even my Dad who died 21 years ago, I have been trying to connect with him and so far nothing, not even a message from my so called spirit guide or guardian angel that we are supposed to have ? Who knows, all I know is am dissappointed as hell and my Grief is growing stronger everyday as I miss her so much. I was hoping her Spirit was alive, and that she can prove it to me, But I cannot see her, I cannot feel her, and I cannot sence or dream of her, therefore she is gone body and soul.

In Sorrow & Despair
    Donna
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Go to your library and take out a book by Dr. Raymond Moody. The title is "Reunions". Dr. Moody is the person who brought Near Death Experiences to main stream society. Actually, he is the person who came up with the term Near death Experience. Reunions is a book on contacting deceased relatives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friends mother has just passed, [ 6 Answers ]

My best friends mother passed away this morning due to a long battle with cancer. I'm the type of person that has trouble with expressing my feelings of sorrow through words. How can I comfort him? He's currently in his home state and he won't be back for awhile, I just want him to know I'm here...

Mother passed and owes a lot [ 17 Answers ]

OK, so my mother has passed away and left a bunch of unpaid debt. The largest of which is the home. It was morgaged to the hilt, so she had zero equity in it. She owes 117,000. Next are back property taxes and income taxes which total in the range of 7,000. Then there are medical bills ( heart...

My mother passed away and didn't leave a will [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away this year and she did not have a will. She was living with me for the last 2 years of her life, but she has a piece of property that she and my dad owned. My mother never gained a "clear title" to the property. She purchased the land and trailer from the owner about 20 years...

My father died recently and my mother wants to transfer accounts into my name [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away very unexpectedly and without warning 2 months ago. Now that the shock has finally subsided I'm feeling overwhelmed and I'm afraid that I'll make a mistake that will cause future problems. My father was retired and had various bank accounts and mutual funds which...

Mother passed/now feel like she may be watching over me [ 14 Answers ]

Okay everyone, this is going to be a really long post, so get ready. When I was 12 yr.'s old my mother passed away from a brain aneurism. I did not grieve at all afterwards, I guess mainly because I wanted to shut it out of mind at the time (which I now know is normal, especially at the age). ...

View more questions Search