Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluerose42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Maytag Refrigerator Lights Have Gone Out
    I have a Maytag Plus Refrigerator, Model MTF2456AE and lights have gone out in freezer and refrigerator. I have replaced all the bulbs and still no luck. Can I fix myself? Is there a fuse that might have gone out? Do I need to call a repairman? :confused:
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
    According to the schematic for this model, the only thing that stops the voltage from getting to the light bulbs is the switches that are operated by the doors. It would be unlikely that both of these switches have failed simultaneously. There are a lot of people that call me with the same problem, and many times, I find that they have simply not screwed the light bulb in all the way. These new plastic bulb sockets can be a pain sometimes. Usually it does feel like the bulb is fully seated, but it may not be. I would recommend removing the bulbs and applying a small amount of Vaseline to only the threads on the bulb base, then try to reinstall the bulbs. If you are met with some resistance, just try to turn the bulb a little farther. If you have a volt-ohm meter, you could also check for voltage in the socket and check the bulbs for continuity to ensure they are indeed good bulbs. You could also unplug the refrigerator and using a small screwdriver, lift the brass contact in the center of the light bulb socket just to make sure it's touching the bulb base when you install the bulb. Don't bend it too far, just get it to be a little higher. If you at all feel uncomfortable dealing with matters of electricity, then I would recommend calling someone to help you. If you have any questions, let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator center panel VERY warm [ 18 Answers ]

I am house-sitting and cannot locate the manual and don't have the serial number for the Maytag refrigerator in the house. The Model is MSD2456GE taken off the right door of this side-by-side refrigerator. The center panel edge, the one that the doors close up against, is very warm. Too hot in...

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Maytag Refrigerator MTB1956DEW cooling problems [ 4 Answers ]

Top mounted freezer unit. Refrigerator compartment does not cool enough even though I set temp. control to maximum cool (value 9). Freeezer is working fine, and compressor and fans run properly. Per Maytag I cleaned back bottom compressor, fan and condenser with vacuum cleaner and brush. Still the...

Maytag refrigerator light [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a french door refrigerator and now the light does not work in either the freezer or refrigerator compartment. There is nothing in the troubleshooting section of the manual except to check the SAb. We did that, it is not the problem. Everything else works fine. Any ideas?

My Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And...

View more questions Search