Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aws1632 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 07:46 AM
    What type of motor oil does a Toro 6.5hp lawn mower need?
    I lost my manual and I cannot remember if the toro lawn mower I have needs a specific motor oil, since this is the first time I needed to change it since I purchased it. Again, the mower I have is a Toro 6.5hp. I appreciate the help.

<moved>
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Go to the dealer where you bought the mower and get the oil they have for your specific machine. Do not use car oil in a lawnmower whatever you do as the oil will thicken up and blow your engine.
    aws1632 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Thanks. That is what I did and it worked fine. I appreciate it twinkiedooter!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 05:42 PM
    You're most welcome. The price of lawnmowers today is staggering and if you use the wrong oil you will pay heavily for the mistake. Did not want to even guess what weight, etc for you as I did not want to ruin your mower. Toros are top of the line darlings and should be treated to the proper oil.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Look on the dipstick, it will say there sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawn Mower Won't start [ 7 Answers ]

This lawn mower was given to me and it ran last year. I replaced the spark plug. Replaced the gas. Replaced the pin and the gaskets in the carb. I'm getting spark from the plug. Its getting plenty of gas... maybe too much?? After several attempts at starting it I removed the plug and...

Toro lawn mower will not keep running when starting [ 1 Answers ]

My Toro Lawn mower fires after choking to start while trying to start but does not keep running. It is a push mower with a pull starter. After priming it will fire but does not keep running. Sometimes I can keep it running by manually pushing the choke. It normal dies four to five times before...

Toro push lawn mower will not start [ 3 Answers ]

My Toro Lawn mower will not start. The starter cord will not pull. Please help! :mad:

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search