Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swicked123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
    I have red purple swollen bumps with puss and blood
    I don't think its normal but I woke up one day with a bump on the pubic area and I know its not a std or anything it got more and more swollen over 3 days and just popped all of a sudden with puss and blood coming out of it and than I got one on my inner thigh they are very sore and I have no idea what they are . I been told it was a ingrown hair but could it cause that much pain and swellinness please help if you know anything thanks
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Pimples and in-grown hairs in the pubic area can hurt like crazy! That's a super-sensitive area of the body.

If you're sure that it isn't an STD, could it be a new soap or laundry detergent causing you to break out?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Ingrown hairs can be very painfull large red bumps with pus. These typically occur in ares that were recently shaved. Yes, they hurt and they can get quite large. Sweat may cause them to get infected.

If you catch them early and you have fine enough tweezers, you can redirect the hair where it's supposed to grow.
    LillyL Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
    It is probably a Sebaceous Cyst, they are quite common. Please visit this link and try doing some research on you own. My ex boy friend used to get them...

Sebaceous Cysts - Symptoms - Diagnosis - Treatments
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 04:51 PM
    My guess would also be an ingrown hair, I've had a few in that area. Once it bursts you can usually see the hair and pluck it with a tweezer. It is quite common, especially if you shave that area.

Good luck.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Do a Google search for "hidradenitis suppurativa".

Try one drop of tea tree oil once or twice a day. It's available in health food stores. Use a q-tip and don't dab it on more than once because it's very strong. It's a natural antibiotic so it will dry up the bump and prevent further infection.
    n252911 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
    I Had The Same Thing A Couple Yrs Ago.. I Popped It And The Same Thing.. puss And Blood.. it Must Have Been An Ingrown Hair.it Never Came Back.
    KioRey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 07:50 PM
    These sound like boils that can develop anywhere you sweat and grow hair. I get them in the pubic areas and under arms. I saw a dermatologist and was told that is was a skin disease that starts with the letter H but can't remember the name sorry. I was perscribed some big huge pill that was hard to swallow that was supposed to aide me in not getting them as often but I didn't see a difference. Now I take 2-3 showrs daily and use deodorant and body powder in those private areas. I stick with things with little to no perfume and that are for sensitive skin and I find that this helps. Also when I do get a new bump they are pain ful so I take a hot bath witch releives the pain and will make it pop, hope this helps but still see a doctor.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KioRey View Post
    these sound like boils that can develope anywhere u sweat and grow hair. i get them in the pubic areas and under arms. I saw a dermatologist and was told that is was a skin disease that starts with the letter H but can't remember the name sorry. I was perscribed some big huge pill that was hard to swallow that was supposed to aide me in not getting them as often but i didnt see a difference. now i take 2-3 showrs daily and use deodorant and body powder in those private areas. i stick with things with little to no perfume and that are for sensitive skin and I find that this helps. also when I do get a new bump they are pain ful so I take a hot bath witch releives the pain and will make it pop, hope this helps but still see a doctor.
    Did you read the entire thread? I mentioned "hidradenitis suppurativa" two posts above yours. If that's what you have then you should check out the tea tree oil treatment I described.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little Puss Filled Bumps All Around Penis [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and am not sexually active. I have little white puss filled bumps around my penis. They aren't near the top or around the head but only on the bottom. They aren't itchy but they bother me. They've been there for a couple of months and I tried to pop a few and they just seem to...

Red, puss-filled bumps on scalp [ 10 Answers ]

Last week, I noticed that the back of my neck felt a little soar whenever I stretched it too much and the sides of my head kind of hurt too. Then, 2 days ago, I took a good look at my scalp (right above my temple on the right side of my head) and I saw little red bumps with puss-filled bumps. It...

What can bumps on hands, no puss, itchy scab like dots on face, dryness. Be? [ 1 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend has small bumps on his hands. NO puss, just small bumps that itch. My boyfriend also has eczema, and he knows he has sensitive hands and skin, however, he has never gotten such a reaction like this. The bumps itch and are small. The thing is that he also has small red bumps,but...

Sore throat,tonsils swollen,and tongue is tearing and little red bumps on it. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what it might be I am scared my tongue is going to fall off.

Red puss filled bumps on penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have got two small hard red puss filled bumps at the rite at the bottom of my shaft like up the first half an inch up the penis what are they I'm in the middle of the bush and can't go to the clinic anyone have any ideas what they are oh yea and I don't ever feel the unless I actually touch them

View more questions Search