Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britster Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Can you give me tips on being a good sales person?
    Ive pretty much always been a server but I wanted to change it up a bit and just recently got a job at a very nice tanning salon. So nice were ranked top 10 in the nation. I love it so far and there so good at training people that I feel very comfertable with talking to customers about anything we offer. See our goal is to Educate and suggest DO NOT PUSH under any circumstances kind of thing. Long story short all the girls I work with sell our packages left and right and I can't seem to sell them... im good at selling lotions and eye wear and single session tans etc... but its really good to sell a package

Can anyone give me tips on how I could maybe better myself and convince customers that our packages are the way to go (without being to pushy)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Britster:o
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
    1. You have to believe in what you sell
    2. and you have to in real life actually Push them toward what you want them to buy. After you tell them, center in on the package you think is right, and then go on to talk more about it, why it is great deal
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Apr 20, 2008, 04:08 AM
    You will also find better results by selling the benefits versus the features. For example, if selling a skin cream, sure to some people it may be good to know that it is all natural, but then explain the benefit. i.e. doesn't hurt the environment. When it come to selling the package it is easy to get in the rut of it includes X,Y,and Z. This is where the benefits really pay off. Say it includes X, which will do this for you, and Y, which will give you this, and Z, my favorite, will do this. Then package it together and say how each on there own is great but when you do all three (or however many) your benefit is this... it could be a cost savings, or just a the full package to make them look better.
    tors Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Before you sell anything you have to sell yourself. People will never buy from you unless its an absolute neccessity or they like how you come across. Firstly be happy, a smile and warm welcome will go a long way. Never judge anyone, the people you least expect to buy will often buy. Make sure you always look your very best. In your business people will want to feel and look great, they will not buy from you unless they believe your product will make them feel special. If you look good you will feel confident and they will respond to you
    When they have finnished tanning, tell them they look good, flatter them, introduce them to your pack, don't ask them to buy it, ask them to 'treat themselves'. People don't like to be sold things but they do like to treat themselves. Tell them what it does i.e. it promotes a healthy looking tan and prolongs the efects, it makes the skin glow and feel good, Its better than what you can buy in department stores as its tailored to the tanning industry.
    Work out for yourself what your packs USP's are (Unique selling points) and put them into your pitch.
    Set yourselve realistic targets and write them down. Every sale cross one off and do your best to reach that target at the end of the month. Without targets then there is in my opinion no point. If you reach your target make sure you reward yourself with something you enjoy. This is a great way of keeping focused and rewards will make you want to reach that target again and again.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 24, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Yes it's important to be professional, have a friendly attitude. I would always tell our cashiers, when they complained about rude customers--Happy people don't go shopping. They stay home, watch TV, eat potato chips. When they come in here, they are not happy. The TV's broke, they've run out of potato chips. We are getting in between them and what they want. So don't take it personally, just tell them what we sell that will make them happy or beautiful or attractive!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Ringneck is confusing me! Can a experienced person give me insight? [ 2 Answers ]

[email protected] all... I have a male olive coloured indian ringneck. Ive had him for 2 years now and I feel I have tamed him half way but don't make any more progress with him! I take him out often, and play with him etc. He is half tame. When I say that he's half tame, I mean...

I need some good tips [ 2 Answers ]

When I was just six months my mom gave me to my grandmother both my dad and my mom have never been in my life and now its hard for grandmother because she gave to take care of me when she should be looking to retire. I has been bothering me my grandmother is getting real mad because she is tired...

People talk to me, and give me tips - I've just been dumped! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm 18 years old and I have just been dumped. We were friends beforehand (only 14 at the time) and he cheated on this girl to be with me. We then started dating and we got along great, hence the reason we were together for over 3 years. I have to admit I think I loved him more, I put...

Got any good Turkey tips. [ 2 Answers ]

How many ways can you cook a turkey for thanksgiving show your best?

View more questions Search