Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krazyaobutsmile Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2008, 08:54 PM
    How do I become a famous kid star.like hannah Montana?
    I feel kind of weird asking this question but I really need help, can you tell me the steps on how to become a famous star ethier as an actor or a singer. Tell me!:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Practice, practice and practice what you are going to be performing in front of people. Spend money on singing and/or acting lessons and/or dancing lessons, try out for any play or musical that might call for children as actors or actresses, have parents that are willing to spend the money to send you to a special school where children can take regular school and at the same time learn to do the things to become actors or actresses or artists of other kinds - like in dance and the musical arts. Be able to pass the auditions to be accepted at those sort of schools - not everyone who goes to those kinds of schools is accepted to them, although many will try. Be willing to give up a lot of your free time as well as the time that you might want to spend with your friends in order to hone your skills in your art so that you can maybe be successful without the guarantee that you will be successful. Be in the right place at the right time so that certain people will notice what you are good at doing who can get you to where you want to go as far as a career is concerned. Be willing to audition for the part where there might be hundreds of other people auditioning for the same part that you are. Be willing to take risks that what you are going for might not work. Be willing to go through many auditions, travel, studying of scripts and very long rehearsals for performances that might only last a few minutes. Be not afraid to be seen by many, many people, maybe even millions, all at the same time. Be willing to rehearse late and get up tired in order to do exactly the same thing for many hours the next day. Be willing to wear clothes that you don't like, but that others think that by wearing them, you will be portraying the look that they want and not what you really want. Be willing to have the world look at you, and not really know the real you. Always be willing to look and act your best, even when you don't really want to and would really just rather lean back, lie down, sleep or just do your own thing rather than what others want you to do.

It ain't easy...

I don't really mean to make it all look that negative, but just wanted to give you a reality of the picture of what you don't see about the "stars" and "famous" people that we see and hear about, sometimes everyday, on the T.V. and in other types of media.

Oftentimes, the real picture behind the "smiles" of the famous people that we see, is not really the way that they are...

Although, they really might have some real satisfaction inside of themselves a lot of the time...

But, not all of the time...

But, they (or, maybe their parents) have made a choice. Oftentimes also, a person's love for doing a certain type of art, such as that in acting, dancing or music, is all it takes to motivate them to keep going at it. It might not matter if they make a lot of money or become "famous" at all. Most artists are that way.

Some people really need to be entertaining other people in order to realize their own worth and to feel as though they are contributing to the well-being of others because the others who are watching what they are doing are gaining something because of the person doing the entertaining.

A person can become famous right around where they live because of the excellent way that they do a special thing that takes a lot of work. Whether they become famous or not outside of the boundaries of where they are located is another matter. Sometimes, just being famous around where you are located is enough to inspire and make you want to keep going at the thing that you do best in whatever art you are doing in order to keep you happy.

And, it could be that the kids and their parents really love the sacrifice that it takes to achieve what they have concerning the art that is being presented, the accomplishment as well as the publicity that is received as a result of all the sacrifice they have given toward that endeavor.

If you are interested, please do read my profile. Click on my name on the left of this post and you will be able to find out what I have done in the arts.

If you love what you do, then go for it!

So, what is it that you are particularly good at now, please?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Remember that Myley Cyrus has a 'famous' dad that brought her into the business. Most people don't have that benefit.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Remember that Myley Cyrus has a 'famous' dad that brought her into the business. Most people don't have that benefit.
    Rightly so. But, given the proper circumstances and conditions otherwise, a person could make it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Man I really hate to give a kid false hope. The odds are so against it happening to the extent of the Hannah Montana marketing hype.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Well, part of at least I do here is teach. I hope that you read and assimilated my entire post, NeedKarma!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2008, 05:53 AM
    If there were a set of steps that one could follow then everyone would do it. As pointed out, in the case of Miley Cyrus, she had a dad in the biz who could get her through the door.

May I suggest you rent the movie Gypsy which has a more realistic view of what one has to go through to make it as a star. And trying to make it as a child star is harder since your window of opportunity is much smaller.

You don't say how old you are, but if you are already in your teens its probably too late.

The first thing is, of course you have to have talent. The next thing is to get yourself noticed by the right people and that can be very hard. It means going from casting call to casting call whenever you can.

I wish you luck, you will need it.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 06:07 AM
    It's not all a matter of going through a door. It could be a window or even a porthole. If you are willing to sacrifice some things and take the steps necessary to do them, then it's possible that you might make it.

Jun 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Practice, practice and practice what you are going to be performing in front of people. Spend money on singing and/or acting lessons and/or dancing lessons, try out for any play or musical that might call for children as actors or actresses, have parents that are willing to spend the money to send you to a special school where children can take regular school and at the same time learn to do the things to become actors or actresses or artists of other kinds - like in dance and the musical arts. Be able to pass the auditions to be accepted at those sort of schools - not everyone who goes to those kinds of schools is accepted to them, although many will try. Be willing to give up a lot of your free time as well as the time that you might want to spend with your friends in order to hone your skills in your art so that you can maybe be successful without the guarantee that you will be successful. Be in the right place at the right time so that certain people will notice what you are good at doing who can get you to where you want to go as far as a career is concerned. Be willing to audition for the part where there might be hundreds of other people auditioning for the same part that you are. Be willing to take risks that what you are going for might not work. Be willing to go through many auditions, travel, studying of scripts and very long rehearsals for performances that might only last a few minutes. Be not afraid to be seen by many, many people, maybe even millions, all at the same time. Be willing to rehearse late and get up tired in order to do exactly the same thing for many hours the next day. Be willing to wear clothes that you don't like, but that others think that by wearing them, you will be portraying the look that they want and not what you really want. Be willing to have the world look at you, and not really know the real you. Always be willing to look and act your best, even when you don't really want to and would really just rather lean back, lie down, sleep or just do your own thing rather than what others want you to do.

It ain't easy...

I don't really mean to make it all look that negative, but just wanted to give you a reality of the picture of what you don't see about the "stars" and "famous" people that we see and hear about, sometimes everyday, on the T.V. and in other types of media.

Oftentimes, the real picture behind the "smiles" of the famous people that we see, is not really the way that they are...

Although, they really might have some real satisfaction inside of themselves a lot of the time...

But, not all of the time...

But, they (or, maybe their parents) have made a choice. Oftentimes also, a person's love for doing a certain type of art, such as that in acting, dancing or music, is all it takes to motivate them to keep going at it. It might not matter if they make a lot of money or become "famous" at all. Most artists are that way.

Some people really need to be entertaining other people in order to realize their own worth and to feel as though they are contributing to the well-being of others because the others who are watching what they are doing are gaining something because of the person doing the entertaining.

A person can become famous right around where they live because of the excellent way that they do a special thing that takes a lot of work. Whether they become famous or not outside of the boundaries of where they are located is another matter. Sometimes, just being famous around where you are located is enough to inspire and make you want to keep going at the thing that you do best in whatever art you are doing in order to keep you happy.

And, it could be that the kids and their parents really love the sacrifice that it takes to achieve what they have concerning the art that is being presented, the accomplishment as well as the publicity that is received as a result of all the sacrifice they have given toward that endeavor.

If you are interested, please do read my profile. Click on my name on the left of this post and you will be able to find out what I have done in the arts.

If you love what you do, then go for it!

So, what is it that you are particularly good at now, please?

Hi Clough, this is Krazyaboutsmilez, right now I'm believe I'm a really good singer. I think that if someone (like U) told me how do make it in the music business, I could make it and be good.

Jun 19, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Clough or NeedKarma, what about a CD demo?
    Hi this is Krazyaboutsmilez, I wanted to know if the best way to make it in the music business. If I make a demo, send it to a record producer, would that be could? Do I have to make up my own songs? What are the best producers?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I am going to be blunt, and it will not be something you want to hear, there are 10's of thousands of young people out there that are pretty and have a lot of talent. There are kids who have had professional piano, music and voice lessons since they were 4 years old, there will be those who have had professional model coaches since they were 3 or 4.

As for Myley, her dad is a rich and famous person, so she basically had every break anyone can have.

So at every local music tryout and every open mike there will be dozens of people wanting the same thing.

Now it does happen, being in the right place at the right time will be about all that it takes.

If you are a singer, take music and voice lessons. Go to any music event you can sign at.

Jun 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Since you mention being a kid star, that would indicate you are still a kid. Do you take music in school? Do you sing in a choir? Do you have anyone whoi can objectively tell you how well you sing? The first thing you really need to do is get an objective evaluation of your talent.

If you determine you do have talent then there are lots of ways to try and get yourself noticed. Yes sending a demo to a record producer is one way. But producers get thousands a day. Singing your own songs is an advantage, but the real key is getting yourself noticed and that means being in the right place at the right time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 05:37 PM
    And maybe you will be one of those who gets known, but you may not, but still be a musican your entire life, there are again 10's of thousands of people who perform on cruise ships, who do the small night club circuits who do county fairs and mall openings. My wife is a performer, she has three CD's out, had her music headlined on SUNNY university radio station over Christmass a couple of years ago, and has been featured as a indie artist on several online radio stations. She does a tour or two a year ( multi state) But famous, no, known locally and certainly not rich, but she is following her dreams,
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyaobutsmile
    I feel kinda wierd asking this question but I really need help, can you tell me the steps on how to become a famous star ethier as an actor or a singer. tell me!:)
    You have taken the first positive step toward reaching your goal just by posting here, trying to find answers and direction. I am excited for you. Clough gave some really good insight into what a person faces, steps to take, etc. in achieving their dream.

Others have shared the difficulties in trying to achieve your goal, and maybe that is so you will be prepared if things don't happen quickly for you. No one likes to burn bright and then hit some hardships or feel like they are hitting a brick wall, figuratively speaking.

Nothing happens ... but first a dream.
    Quote~~~Carl Sandburg

You have your dream, you are looking into the "how to's". I would make a list of the tips given you by Clough, such as looking into classes, auditions, etc. Then keep your dream in your heart and begin the journey to try to achieve your dream.

Many people begin working toward a dream, well conceived in their mind, only to find further down the road that their dream has changed but the experience gained already will help in achieving the bigger dream.

I believe you should ask yourself why you want to achieve this dream. What is your motivation. Is it a desire that burns deep in your heart, a desire to inspire others, entertain and make people happy? If your base desire toward your dream is good and solid, you have a good chance of achieving that dream because you will stay focused.

I have watched Hannah Montana with my grandchildren and she shows kindness to her friends, wants to protect and help them, she and her brother get closer as friends through the show, she works through disappointments when people only like her when she is Hannah Montana, etc. and she and her dad have a great relationship based on trust. That is a tall order in real life.

Now comes the hard work, write your music, practice it until you know every note forward and backward, (so to speak), find places to perform your music as Clough suggested, make a CD, take it to local radio stations. The main thing is begin the process to put feet to your dream. If this is what you want, don't wait to let someone else make it happen for you and don't let anyone tell you that you cannot achieve your dreams.

My art teacher told me when I was 14 I should not pursue art, I had no creative ability. I love art so I didn't take her advice. I knew in my heart my love for art. I am now an artist, have a web site, sell my work at shows and do mainly commission work. I have achieved part of my dream. Doing the art is my joy, the selling of it is just the icing on the cake.

Face head on, the obstacles that will present themselves, being aware of the obstacles other posters have mentioned but go for your dream! I would love it if you kept us updated on steps you are taking toward reaching your goal. If you let us know what you are doing or thinking of doing, I imagine there will be those who can give you good solid advice on how to proceed, if you have questions. There are so many wonderful, positive people so willing to help on this site.

Believe in yourself and work, work, work and most of all enjoy the journey. Best to you!

Jun 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    My art teacher told me when I was 14 I should not pursue art, I had no creative ability. I love art so I didn't take her advice. I knew in my heart my love for art. I am now an artist, have a web site, sell my work at shows and do mainly commission work. I have achieved part of my dream. Doing the art is my joy, the selling of it is just the icing on the cake.
    You have written a good, encouraging post here, but I have to comment on this point.

Many pursuits are very subjective. What may be art to someone is garbage to another (or vice versa). But singing is not so subjective. One can either sing or one can't. If one can sing, practice can improve one's ability, but no amount of practice can make one sing if they can't. If the OP's dream was to be an artist or a writer, I would not have suggested getting an evaluation. But to proceed in a musical career, one should get an objective evaluation.

Jun 20, 2008, 07:30 AM
    If I create a Cd demo and post it onto YouTube or sumthing like that, will that maked
    If I create a CD demo and post on a really popular site, would that help me reach stardom?

Jun 20, 2008, 07:32 AM
    It might, can't hurt (unless you have little or no talent)

Have you taken my advice and gotten an evaluation of your talent?

Jun 20, 2008, 07:38 AM
    What is an evaluation of your talent and how can I get one?
    What is an evaluation of your talent and how can I get one?

Jun 20, 2008, 07:43 AM
    I answered this in the your thread about becoiming a kid star. Talk to your music teacher in school. If you are in a choir ask the choir master. Get someone who know music to tell you how good a signer you are.

Jun 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
    I have a good voice (that what my teacher in music says) now what?
    Now what, my voice teachers sas I have a great voice, now what? Should I make my demo? ScottGem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hello can I be famous [ 6 Answers ]

:p how can I become a singer

How can I be an extra on Hannah Montana Movie? [ 1 Answers ]

I heard about a casting call, and I want to know how and if I can get on the Hannah Montana Movie as an extra. I live in Franklin, TN

Science foe hannah [ 2 Answers ]

:p if I stand on my bathroom scales and they say I am 60 kg.what do I weigh?

View more questions Search